Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: CD RW Disk Read Error

Re: CD RW Disk Read Error

Brian H供

John said:

> Was wondering if anyone could help with this.
> I just got a CDRW disk with software burned on it but I cannot read
> the Cd and am unsure what software was used to burn it.
>
> I get a directory listing of:
> Non-Allocatable List
> Size: 0
>
> I tried looking at it with Nero Burning ROM and it shos:
> Title: Track 1
> Duration: 74:38.52
> Mode: data Track
>
> Any ideas how I can even extract the files from it?

Sounds like you have InCD turned off or not installed.

Brian H供

John said:

> Thx to both of you for your replies.
> After some tinkering, I finally decided to try reading it on my Cd
> burner and was able to copy the install files to my HD.
> Guess I should tell the guy he's not burning it properly.

Your mistake, you can't read a CD-RW with packet writing on a CD-ROM

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror