Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Any way to lighten movies?

Any way to lighten movies?

Cruiser

I have a IBM type computer with windows 98, I often download "short
movies" from the net....
they always seem to dark, I haven't found a way to lighten them
.....any suggestions! It uses
Microsoft Windows media player, version 6.4.07.1117 to play these
clips.

Thanks in advance!

Paul - xxx

Cruiser deftly scribbled:

> I have a IBM type computer with windows 98, I often download "short
> movies" from the net....
> they always seem to dark, I haven't found a way to lighten them
> ....any suggestions! It uses
> Microsoft Windows media player, version 6.4.07.1117 to play
> these clips.
>
> Thanks in advance!

I have a copy of MGI Videowave. Part of it's editing facility for movies is
a 'darkroom' which has the ability to adjust brightness and contrast.
Perhaps this may help. I haven't actually tried the product ..

--
....................................Paul-xxx

Paul - xxx

Paul - xxx deftly scribbled:

> Cruiser deftly scribbled:
>
>> I have a IBM type computer with windows 98, I often download "short
>> movies" from the net....
>> they always seem to dark, I haven't found a way to lighten them
>> ....any suggestions! It uses
>> Microsoft Windows media player, version 6.4.07.1117 to play
>> these clips.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!

> I have a copy of MGI Videowave. Part of it's editing facility for
> movies is a 'darkroom' which has the ability to adjust brightness and
> contrast. Perhaps this may help. I haven't actually tried the product
> ..

Heheheh, bad form I know, replying to one's own post but it _is_ an addition
and relevant.

I just had a quick try at opening and changing the colour on a *.avi movie
file and it worked admirably. One has to be careful with the slider
adjusters as a small amount of movement can produce a large change to the
brightness, but there is a 'reset' facility if it all goes wrong.

Worked well, simply and quickly I thought ..

--
....................................Paul-xxx

Brenadier Jehosephat

" Cruiser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a IBM type computer with windows 98, I often download "short
> movies" from the net....
> they always seem to dark, I haven't found a way to lighten them
> ....any suggestions! It uses
> Microsoft Windows media player, version 6.4.07.1117 to play these
> clips.
>
> Thanks in advance!

I killfile anyone who says "Thanks in advance."

Zn

why?

thanks in advance.

Zen

"Brenadier Jehosephat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5zjRa.69$(E-Mail Removed)...

> " Cruiser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a IBM type computer with windows 98, I often download "short
> > movies" from the net....
> > they always seem to dark, I haven't found a way to lighten them
> > ....any suggestions! It uses
> > Microsoft Windows media player, version 6.4.07.1117 to play these
> > clips.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >

> I killfile anyone who says "Thanks in advance."

Me

try View | Now playing tools | Show equalizer and settings | Video
settings | change brightness from there. Works in WMP ver 7 anyway.

Cruiser wrote:

> I have a IBM type computer with windows 98, I often download "short
> movies" from the net....
> they always seem to dark, I haven't found a way to lighten them
> ....any suggestions! It uses
> Microsoft Windows media player, version 6.4.07.1117 to play these
> clips.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Barry OGrady

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:04:36 -0500, " Cruiser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a IBM type computer with windows 98, I often download "short
>movies" from the net....
>they always seem to dark, I haven't found a way to lighten them
>....any suggestions! It uses
>Microsoft Windows media player, version 6.4.07.1117 to play these
>clips.

I suggest you try a comedy site.

>Thanks in advance!

-Barry