Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Help with Foreign MP3s

Re: Help with Foreign MP3s

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Brenus
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Help! I requested some mp3s from a french band & someone was cool enough to
> put like three albums worth of mp3s out there in the alt.
> binaries.sounds.mp3.french newsgroup. Problem is that I can't find any
> attached files. Usually there is an mp3 file in the first bit/line of data, I
> highlight all the appropriate ones, and then decode & compile. But when it is
> all finished there is no mp3 that shows up in the window to click on & begin
> playing. Anyone have a clue on this? I'm dying to get this french stuff!

When it is finished, you are supposed to find a file you have
downloaded to your computer in the place where you set it to store
them.

This isn't the Web -- you were never meant to find anything but text in
the message window. You should never see multimedia, sounds, movies,
Web sites, animations, or icons for files in the message. (Most
newsreaders do process images inside message windows -- this is an
exception because it is convenient.)

Survey - implementing CRUD with "foreign name" instead of foreign key. H5N1 ASP .Net 0 05-03-2006 11:36 PM
Opening MP3s from newsgroups in Mozilla HellPope Huey Firefox 2 11-02-2005 06:11 PM
Playing MP3s with Firefox Jim Firefox 2 01-02-2005 02:22 PM
Help with Mp3s gibberish Computer Support 6 07-24-2004 12:31 AM
Downloading MP3s James Kelly Computer Support 7 09-12-2003 08:58 PM

Advertisments