Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Hotmail down?

Re: Hotmail down?

Jonny

> Can anyone else not log in to Hotmail?
> -Graham
>

> We apologize, but your account is temporarily unavailable. This delay does
> not affect the entire site or result from any problem specific with your
> account however the server that holds your account information is
> temporarily unavailable. We do not expect this delay to last much longer,

so
> please continue to check our site for your account status.
> We will do our best to make your account available as quickly as possible.
> We appreciate your support, and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Its very strange.. I didnt get any of this message, but I do get ...
"Hotmail account closed. Access Denied."
The wife can still access her account no problem.
I've tried nearly everything I can to find out why, or how I can fix it.

What's In A Name?

Probably means that you or someone hacked into your account and spammed half
of the hotmail server. The same thing happened to me while I was installing
a new firewall, during the time the firewall was not active, some asshole
hacked into my hotmail account and spammed half of the server. My account
was closed because of it and I had to fight for almost a month to get them
to turn it back on.

"Jonny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KtWQa.12698$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > Can anyone else not log in to Hotmail?
> > -Graham
> >

> > We apologize, but your account is temporarily unavailable. This delay

does
> > not affect the entire site or result from any problem specific with your
> > account however the server that holds your account information is
> > temporarily unavailable. We do not expect this delay to last much

longer,
> so
> > please continue to check our site for your account status.
> > We will do our best to make your account available as quickly as

possible.
> > We appreciate your support, and sincerely apologize for the

inconvenience.

> Its very strange.. I didnt get any of this message, but I do get ...
> "Hotmail account closed. Access Denied."
> The wife can still access her account no problem.
> I've tried nearly everything I can to find out why, or how I can fix it.

Jonny

> Probably means that you or someone hacked into your account and spammed
half
> of the hotmail server. The same thing happened to me while I was

installing
> a new firewall, during the time the firewall was not active, some asshole
> hacked into my hotmail account and spammed half of the server. My account
> was closed because of it and I had to fight for almost a month to get them
> to turn it back on.

Who did you get in touch with ? where in the MSN website did you find to
contact to start the investigation ?
I have ... well at least I thought I had, checked everywhere for at least
an e-mail address to write to, but so far found nothing. The only one I can
think of is "abuse@" but that will get me nowhere.
I appreciate any help you can give here.

What's In A Name?

I physically called MSN on the phone, it took some arguing and convincing
them that it wasn't me who did it. If they closed your account with no
explanation given to you, I bet you anything that is why they closed it.

"Jonny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0H%Qa.470$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Probably means that you or someone hacked into your account and spammed

> half
> > of the hotmail server. The same thing happened to me while I was

> installing
> > a new firewall, during the time the firewall was not active, some

asshole
> > hacked into my hotmail account and spammed half of the server. My

account
> > was closed because of it and I had to fight for almost a month to get

them
> > to turn it back on.

> Who did you get in touch with ? where in the MSN website did you find to
> contact to start the investigation ?
> I have ... well at least I thought I had, checked everywhere for at least
> an e-mail address to write to, but so far found nothing. The only one I

can
> think of is "abuse@" but that will get me nowhere.
> I appreciate any help you can give here.

What's In A Name?

I called MSN

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

<What'sInAName@What'sInAName.com> wrote:

> >Probably means that you or someone hacked into your account and spammed

half
> >of the hotmail server. The same thing happened to me while I was

installing
> >a new firewall, during the time the firewall was not active, some asshole
> >hacked into my hotmail account and spammed half of the server. My

account
> >was closed because of it and I had to fight for almost a month to get

them
> >to turn it back on.

> Do you mean you actually got some sense out of hotmail? Don't hold back.
> Tell us how you did it.
>

> -Barry
> ========
> Web page: http://members.optusnet.com.au/~barry.og
> Atheist, radio scanner, LIPD information.
> Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

wireless and hotmail account =?Utf-8?B?VmxhZA==?= Wireless Networking 2 03-11-2005 05:55 PM
Hotmail popper - Hotmail => pop3 access <eom> Paul D.Smith ASP General 0 10-14-2004 01:05 PM
Hotmail under Mozilla [no-spam] Firefox 2 06-30-2004 02:07 PM
Hotmail clash LadySpudz Firefox 3 04-23-2004 08:36 AM
help regarding msn and hotmail in mail vc Firefox 6 04-03-2004 08:22 PM

Advertisments