Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AOL Constantly dialing up

AOL Constantly dialing up

Me-GT

Having recently 'upgraded' to AOL 8.0 I find that the machine (WIN9 is
constantly attempting to dial up and I can't seem to find the option to
cease within AOL's properties. Anyone know where it is?

Thanks

Mick

Gary G. Taylor

Me-GT wrote:

> Having recently 'upgraded' to AOL 8.0 I find that the machine (WIN9 is
> constantly attempting to dial up and I can't seem to find the option to
> cease within AOL's properties. Anyone know where it is?

Sorry, this newsgroup supports only real ISPs.

--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

Me-GT

You abject yank cretin... just like the AOL crew....
"Gary G. Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_VYQa.672$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Me-GT wrote:
>
> > Having recently 'upgraded' to AOL 8.0 I find that the machine (WIN9 is
> > constantly attempting to dial up and I can't seem to find the option to
> > cease within AOL's properties. Anyone know where it is?
> >

> Sorry, this newsgroup supports only real ISPs.
>
> --
> Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
> gary at cdfound dot org / http:// geetee dot cdfound dot org
> "The two most abundant things in the universe
> are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison

Osprey

"Gary G. Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_VYQa.672$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Me-GT wrote:
>
> > Having recently 'upgraded' to AOL 8.0 I find that the machine (WIN9 is
> > constantly attempting to dial up and I can't seem to find the option to
> > cease within AOL's properties. Anyone know where it is?
> >

> Sorry, this newsgroup supports only real ISPs.
>
> --
> Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
> gary at cdfound dot org / http:// geetee dot cdfound dot org
> "The two most abundant things in the universe
> are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison

The two most abundant things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity."

You qualify then ((

Brenadier Jehosephat

"Me-GT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bf18d5$ks2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Having recently 'upgraded' to AOL 8.0 I find that the machine (WIN9 is
> constantly attempting to dial up and I can't seem to find the option to
> cease within AOL's properties. Anyone know where it is?

I killfile anyone who uses AOL.

paul s

Brenadier Jehosephat wrote:

> "Me-GT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bf18d5$ks2$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Having recently 'upgraded' to AOL 8.0 I find that the machine (WIN9 is
>> constantly attempting to dial up and I can't seem to find the option to
>> cease within AOL's properties. Anyone know where it is?
>>

> I killfile anyone who uses AOL.

There are some newsgroups where this happens.
--
Paul S

Me-GT

Thanks me, the only one to give a reasoned reply...
"Me2U" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Me-GT wrote:
>
> > Having recently 'upgraded' to AOL 8.0 I find that the machine (WIN9 is
> > constantly attempting to dial up and I can't seem to find the option to
> > cease within AOL's properties. Anyone know where it is?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Mick

> Try this. Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools>internet

options>connections
> and clk on "never dial a connection".

Me2U

welcome.