Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Irritating Alarm Noise

Re: Irritating Alarm Noise

Derek White

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check for overheating. Make sure that your fans are working
> correctly; clean the inside of your box so that it is free of
> dirt and dust. You can use a can of compressed air to do this.
>
> Try running the machine with the case cover off and a desktop
> fan aimed at the insides.

Thanks Mike. I appreciate your advice.

°Mike°

Check for overheating. Make sure that your fans are working
correctly; clean the inside of your box so that it is free of
dirt and dust. You can use a can of compressed air to do this.

Try running the machine with the case cover off and a desktop
fan aimed at the insides.

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:42:44 +0100, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Derek White scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:52:55 +0100, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Derek White scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Check for overheating. Make sure that your fans are working
>> correctly; clean the inside of your box so that it is free of
>> dirt and dust. You can use a can of compressed air to do this.
>>
>> Try running the machine with the case cover off and a desktop
>> fan aimed at the insides.
>>

>Thanks Mike. I appreciate your advice.

You're welcome. I did mean to add that a siren-like noise is
usually the BIOS telling you that things are running hot, or
sometimes that voltages are out of spec.

--
Basic computer maintenance