Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Compatibility-made paging reducesoverall performance.

Compatibility-made paging reducesoverall performance.

ME

And it also says drive c & d is using MS-DOS compatibility mode file system.
I don't know what's causing it but I'm using win98se and the HDD are both
80gb and the bios recognizes them but the won't work in windows with them
both installed.

Simeon

"ME" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MstQa.50738$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> And it also says drive c & d is using MS-DOS compatibility mode file

system.
> I don't know what's causing it but I'm using win98se and the HDD are both
> 80gb and the bios recognizes them but the won't work in windows with them
> both installed.

I've had this problem before. Theres some info here:

Simeon

°Mike°

Troubleshooting MS-DOS Compatibility Mode on Hard Disks
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;130179

MS-DOS Compatibility Mode Problems with PCI IDE Controllers
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;151911

Large IDE Hard Disk May Run In Compatibility Mode
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;175629

FAT32 Using Compatibility Mode with OnTrack Disk Manager
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;152701

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:02:52 GMT, in
<MstQa.50738$(E-Mail Removed) >
ME scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Shepİ

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:02:52 GMT, In this world we created "ME"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>And it also says drive c & d is using MS-DOS compatibility mode file system.
>I don't know what's causing it but I'm using win98se and the HDD are both
>80gb and the bios recognizes them but the won't work in windows with them
>both installed.

http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/mode.html
HTH

--