Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > New mousepad for Bigal - Thermaltake Gamma Pad

New mousepad for Bigal - Thermaltake Gamma Pad

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Hey boys and girls, my LAN party last weekend identified a need for a better mouse pad to support my one optical mouse (a cheap logitech unit, the M-B J5. All my other systems use Kensington trackball mice (expert mouse on most of them). So I found this Thermaltake Gamma Pad at CompUSA tonight for $25, and decided to give it a shot. The cool LED display is what sold me, otherwise I might have bought a plain metal-type surface pad.

And here's at review by Overclocker Cafe:

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Revie...e/Tt_Gamma-Pad

They seem to like it, and I do too. There are seven LED colors to choose from, so it looks good with my blue-LED Logisys keyboard.

Oh, did I mention gaming? Here are some pictures from the event:

Last edited by bigal; 11-16-2005 at 04:04 AM..

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

I didn't realize you could pick what color LED you wanted to be on, I thought you just bought a mat that that had a specific color. Now that pad seems more worth it to me.

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

....I didn't know that either, back when it came out. This really goes well with my modding mentality.

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Me either, damn, I'd have bought one if I'd known that. Ain't likely to get back to CompUSA any time soon now either, darn... EBAY AWAY!

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

Yes. Go away eBay Looks like a good mouse pad, but I've only ever used those cheap piece of crap foam-with-fabric $1 mouse pads before, so I don't know the difference in feel or performance or anything.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

mouse pads help glide ability, my mx518 is on this board (its like a rubber, more of a plastic rubber), its a cutting board but for arts and crafts. works well.

I have a branded pad with gel, the gel is too high

That looks like a mouse pad worth checken out al, thanks for the heads up

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

...has anybody been able to try this out yet? I like the ability to match the light on the pad to the Antec light rods I have under the LCD monitor.

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Nah, the holidays are too close, I can't spend any money until Janurary at the earliest I'm afraid. Unless someone wants to send me one to review.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

*thinks up a random idea..... dies*