Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't reset home page

Can't reset home page

Thip

I'm using Crazy Browser on XP Pro. This morning I picked up some spyware
that hijacked my start page, so ran Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D and got rid of
it (permanently deleted). My home page was reset to a blank and the option
to change it is *completely* grayed out. I can't change it in any way,
shape, or form, no matter how I try. Any ideas--other than staying away
from questionable sites, that is? Thanks!

UnderDog

Do you have SpywareBlaster installed? If so, go to open it, go to
Tools/Misc. IE Settings and uncheck the box marked Disable the IE Home Page
settings area in the Internet Tools Control Panel. Also, if you have Spybot
S&D, open in advanced mode, click Spybot-S&D/Immunize, scroll to the bottom,
and uncheck the box marked Lock IE start page setting against user changes
(current user).

news:bers39$88tud$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

UnderDog wrote:
|| Also, if you have Spybot
|| S&D, open in advanced mode, click Spybot-S&D/Immunize, scroll to the
|| bottom, and uncheck the box marked Lock IE start page setting
|| against user changes (current user).

That did it!!! Many many thanks.