Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HTML e-mail

HTML e-mail

*~Queenie~*

Sending an e-mail in OE in HTML coding and the e-mail is retd marked:
mailbox is full. If I want to resend this same HTML message at a later time,
is there any way I can resend it w/o having to set up the HTML again? So
far, when I try to resend it, it goes with plain coding with all the
attachments in the subject line.

--
~*Queenie*~
"I Like Life . . . It's Something To Do."

PC-Component.com

"*~Queenie~*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:TceQa.70$(E-Mail Removed):

> Sending an e-mail in OE in HTML coding and the e-mail is retd marked:
> mailbox is full. If I want to resend this same HTML message at a later
> time, is there any way I can resend it w/o having to set up the HTML
> again? So far, when I try to resend it, it goes with plain coding with
> all the attachments in the subject line.

Are you re-sending the returned e-mail or are you re-sending the e-mail
that is in your sent-items box?

--
-=/ www.PC-Component.com /=-
Parts & Service

*~Queenie~*

"PC-Component.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "*~Queenie~*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:TceQa.70$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Sending an e-mail in OE in HTML coding and the e-mail is retd marked:
> > mailbox is full. If I want to resend this same HTML message at a later
> > time, is there any way I can resend it w/o having to set up the HTML
> > again? So far, when I try to resend it, it goes with plain coding with
> > all the attachments in the subject line.
> >

> Are you re-sending the returned e-mail or are you re-sending the e-mail
> that is in your sent-items box?
>

> --
> -=/ www.PC-Component.com /=-
> Parts & Service

How I am resending it is of no matter. My question is: How can I resend the
e-mail w/o having to set up the HTML all over again?

*~Queenie~*

I didn't ask you what YOU detest.
If you don't like sending HTML e-mail, then I suggest
you don't send your e-mail that way!
Ever hear this:-- "One man's gravy is another man's poison."

--
~*Queenie*~
"I Like Life . . . It's Something To Do."
"paul s" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:C1fQa.10484$(E-Mail Removed)...
> *~Queenie~* wrote:
>
> > Sending an e-mail in OE in HTML coding and the e-mail is retd marked:
> > mailbox is full. If I want to resend this same HTML message at a later
> > time, is there any way I can resend it w/o having to set up the HTML
> > again? So far, when I try to resend it, it goes with plain coding with

all
> > the attachments in the subject line.

> Suggest you stick to sending email as plain text. I absolutely detest HTML
> email, it's completely pointless, and makes the emails four times bigger
> than they need to be, and not everyones email reader can deal with it.
>
> --
> Paul S

paul s

*~Queenie~* wrote:

> I didn't ask you what YOU detest.
> If you don't like sending HTML e-mail, then I suggest
> you don't send your e-mail that way!
> Ever hear this:-- "One man's gravy is another man's poison."

I detest recieving HTML email even more. HTML email is for spammers.
--
Paul S

Mara

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:20:56 GMT, *~Queenie~* wrote:

>I didn't ask you what YOU detest.
>If you don't like sending HTML e-mail, then I suggest
>you don't send your e-mail that way!
>Ever hear this:-- "One man's gravy is another man's poison."

It's more like:

"One man's gravy is _everyone's_ poison."

http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html..._is_evil.shtml
http://email.miningco.com/cs/netique...a/et070103.htm
http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,41639,00.html
(older link)
http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/virusprotection.html
(older link)

A search for "Why not to send e-mail in HTML" brought up 6,170,000 hits. A
groups search brought up 3,550,000 posts, including this one:

http://tinyurl.com/gt4l

"Just so you'll see why there's a reason why a LOT of people don't like
receiving HTML e-mail. I just delete them off the server, unread."

--
Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea -
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a

paul s

Mara wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:20:56 GMT, *~Queenie~* wrote:
>
>>I didn't ask you what YOU detest.
>>If you don't like sending HTML e-mail, then I suggest
>>you don't send your e-mail that way!
>>Ever hear this:-- "One man's gravy is another man's poison."

> It's more like:
>
> "One man's gravy is _everyone's_ poison."
>
> http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html..._is_evil.shtml
> http://email.miningco.com/cs/netique...a/et070103.htm
> http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,41639,00.html
> (older link)
> http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/virusprotection.html
> (older link)

I read some of my email on a cellphone via GPRS, that chokes on HTML email,
plus the crap takes ages to download.

--
Paul S

°Mike°

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:16:41 GMT, in
<dmhQa.2729$(E-Mail Removed)>
*~Queenie~* scrawled:

>"I Like Life . . . It's Something To Do."
>"PC-Component.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:Xns93B75B7D13218PCComponentcom@127.0.0.1.. .
>> "*~Queenie~*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:TceQa.70$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > Sending an e-mail in OE in HTML coding and the e-mail is retd
>> > marked: mailbox is full. If I want to resend this same HTML
>> > message at a later time, is there any way I can resend it w/o
>> > having to set up the HTML again? So far, when I try to resend
>> > it, it goes with plain coding with all the attachments in the
>> > subject line.
>> >

>> Are you re-sending the returned e-mail or are you re-sending
>> the e-mail that is in your sent-items box?
>>

>How I am resending it is of no matter.

So you know the answer, then, right?

>My question is:

Hang on, I thought you knew the answer!

>How can I resend the e-mail w/o having to set up the HTML all
>over again?

How about answering the question put to you?

--
Basic computer maintenance

Jimchip

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:59:06 -0500, Mara wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:20:56 GMT, *~Queenie~* wrote:
>
>>I didn't ask you what YOU detest.
>>If you don't like sending HTML e-mail, then I suggest
>>you don't send your e-mail that way!
>>Ever hear this:-- "One man's gravy is another man's poison."

> It's more like:
>
> "One man's gravy is _everyone's_ poison."
>
> http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html..._is_evil.shtml
> http://email.miningco.com/cs/netique...a/et070103.htm
> http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,41639,00.html
> (older link)
> http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/virusprotection.html
> (older link)
>
> A search for "Why not to send e-mail in HTML" brought up 6,170,000 hits. A
> groups search brought up 3,550,000 posts, including this one:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/gt4l
>
> "Just so you'll see why there's a reason why a LOT of people don't like
> receiving HTML e-mail. I just delete them off the server, unread."

Kmail has a nice little feature that I like:
"Note: This is an HTML message. For security reasons, only the raw HTML
code is shown. If you trust the sender of this message then you can
activate formatted HTML display for this message by clicking here."

--
We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as *~Queenie~* continued:

> I didn't ask you what YOU detest.
> If you don't like sending HTML e-mail, then I suggest
> you don't send your e-mail that way!
> Ever hear this:-- "One man's gravy is another man's poison."

For someone who has asked for and received a Hell of a lot of help in this
NG I would have expected less offensive replies. You are trickling down the
slippery slope to Ignordum, where all your requests go unanswered, and you
can never catch a waiter's eye.
--
slumpy
no more