Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Wrong Icons for Word Documents

Wrong Icons for Word Documents

DougT407

For some reason all of my Word files in Windows Explorer have the wrong icon
marked for Word Documents. Instead of a blank page with a W over it, which
is what Word doc Icon should look like, I have ICUII5 as the icon marker.
How do I get this changed back to the proper icon?

°Mike°

Re-associate documents from Word's preferences.

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:14:42 GMT, in
<mL%Pa.92970$(E-Mail Removed) >
DougT407 scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Me2U

DougT407 wrote:

> For some reason all of my Word files in Windows Explorer have the wrong icon
> marked for Word Documents. Instead of a blank page with a W over it, which
> is what Word doc Icon should look like, I have ICUII5 as the icon marker.
> How do I get this changed back to the proper icon?

Hold down shift key and right clk on a doc file, choose "open with" and then choose Word program in box that pops up.