Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Formatting Hard Drive Windows XP

Formatting Hard Drive Windows XP

UnderDog

Hi, this is a continuation of my previous thread. Sorry for the second
thread as I should have been more clear in the first as to what I was trying
to accomplish. Per my previous thread, I was informed there is no MS-DOS
mode in Windows XP Home. Since this is the case, does anyone now how I can
format the hard drive and start from scratch with clean drive. Thanks.

UnderDog

The XP setup disk does not give me the option to format. Thanks.

"One Eye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gCTPa.77449$(E-Mail Removed)...
> UnderDog wrote:
> > Hi, this is a continuation of my previous thread. Sorry for the
> > second thread as I should have been more clear in the first as to
> > what I was trying to accomplish. Per my previous thread, I was
> > informed there is no MS-DOS mode in Windows XP Home. Since this is
> > the case, does anyone now how I can format the hard drive and start
> > from scratch with clean drive. Thanks.

> Set your bios to boot from cd then run xp setup it will give you the

option
> to format your disk.
>

> ---

One Eye

It should do. Explain what you are doing

UnderDog wrote:
> The XP setup disk does not give me the option to format. Thanks.
>

> "One Eye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gCTPa.77449$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> UnderDog wrote:
>>> Hi, this is a continuation of my previous thread. Sorry for the
>>> second thread as I should have been more clear in the first as to
>>> what I was trying to accomplish. Per my previous thread, I was
>>> informed there is no MS-DOS mode in Windows XP Home. Since this is
>>> the case, does anyone now how I can format the hard drive and start
>>> from scratch with clean drive. Thanks.

>> Set your bios to boot from cd then run xp setup it will give you the
>> option to format your disk.
>>

>> ---

---

One Eye

go here ...http://www.buildeasypc.com/sw/windows_xp.htm

UnderDog wrote:
> The XP setup disk does not give me the option to format. Thanks.
>

> "One Eye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gCTPa.77449$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> UnderDog wrote:
>>> Hi, this is a continuation of my previous thread. Sorry for the
>>> second thread as I should have been more clear in the first as to
>>> what I was trying to accomplish. Per my previous thread, I was
>>> informed there is no MS-DOS mode in Windows XP Home. Since this is
>>> the case, does anyone now how I can format the hard drive and start
>>> from scratch with clean drive. Thanks.

>> Set your bios to boot from cd then run xp setup it will give you the
>> option to format your disk.
>>

>> ---

---

Shepİ

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:42:45 -0400, In this world we created
"UnderDog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>The XP setup disk does not give me the option to format. Thanks.

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~mrscary/fdisk.htm
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"UnderDog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The XP setup disk does not give me the option to format. Thanks.

Yes, it does. But ONLY after you've STARTED to install.

RwP

Matt

oops wrong thread.