Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OE privacy.

OE privacy.

Matt

It seems I'm open to allsorts by not configuring OE and privacy properly. Is
it really necessary to digitally sign every e-mail.
What basic steps do I need to take to give me some level of security. how do
signatures work, and where can I find any info on how to set this up. Many
thanks. Matt.

P.S Am I right in assuming that my full e-mail address is on display here.
every time I send a message to a newsgroup ?.

Fummie

Matt wrote:
> It seems I'm open to allsorts by not configuring OE and privacy
> properly. Is it really necessary to digitally sign every e-mail.
> What basic steps do I need to take to give me some level of security.
> how do signatures work, and where can I find any info on how to set
> this up. Many thanks. Matt.
>
> P.S Am I right in assuming that my full e-mail address is on display
> here. every time I send a message to a newsgroup ?.

Look at your original post then press Ctrl + F3 and look at the second line.

Webmaster

news:AoQPa.212$(E-Mail Removed)...
> It seems I'm open to allsorts by not configuring OE and privacy properly.

Is
> it really necessary to digitally sign every e-mail.
> What basic steps do I need to take to give me some level of security. how

do
> signatures work, and where can I find any info on how to set this up. Many
> thanks. Matt.
>
> P.S Am I right in assuming that my full e-mail address is on display here.
> every time I send a message to a newsgroup ?.

Matt,

Go to Tools ->accounts->news->properties and change your name and email
address to whatever you want.

Otherwise those nice spam people will be backing a truckload up to your
mailbox on a daily basis. Bless their little socks.

Webmaster

Mr Stumpy

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:32:42 +0100, Matt wrote in a thumbnail dipped in
tar:

> oops. So what do i do ?.
> "Matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:AoQPa.212$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It seems I'm open to allsorts by not configuring OE and privacy properly.

> Is
>> it really necessary to digitally sign every e-mail.
>> What basic steps do I need to take to give me some level of security. how

> do
>> signatures work, and where can I find any info on how to set this up. Many
>> thanks. Matt.
>>
>> P.S Am I right in assuming that my full e-mail address is on display here.
>> every time I send a message to a newsgroup ?.

Change your email address in your newsgroup account settings to something
obviously faked. You´re a target for spam. Download a firewall like Zone
Alarm.
Mr Stumpy