Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Password help

Password help

oxy

Can someone help me with the following as I am not very pc wise.

Every one wants you to use a password and/or username, but how do you
remember them unless you use the same one over and over.
I know you can have them remembered but this is a family pc and I need some
secure way of keeping info from kids ect. it must be hackproof too.

Regards oxy. or should it be **************** lol

Mike Simpson

In article <BQzPa.14850$(E-Mail Removed)>,

> Can someone help me with the following as I am not very pc wise.
>
> Every one wants you to use a password and/or username, but how do you
> remember them unless you use the same one over and over.
> I know you can have them remembered but this is a family pc and I need some
> secure way of keeping info from kids ect. it must be hackproof too.
>
> Regards oxy. or should it be **************** lol

You need a password program that remembers sign ons, passwords and
probably urls and that needs a password of its own to get into it. I use
Multipass from

http://gbsoft.free/fr

but there are lots of others I'm sure other people will direct you to.

Whichever you use, for goodness sake back up the program's password
database, ideally at another location. And back up the program file
itself to the same location too, so if you have a crash in x years time
and can't find the program for download at least you've still got a copy
of it.

slylittlei

A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
arboreal in it's habits: oxy stated for the record...
> Can someone help me with the following as I am not very pc wise.
>
> Every one wants you to use a password and/or username, but how do you
> remember them unless you use the same one over and over.
> I know you can have them remembered but this is a family pc and I
> need some secure way of keeping info from kids ect. it must be
> hackproof too.
>
> Regards oxy. or should it be **************** lol

I keep all mine in a book on a high shelf, where the ghosts of my ancestors
keep an ever-watchful eye on it...of course when my kids get a little older,
this may not fool them any more...

Baron Von Reeve

007 Password Recovery