Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OE & AIM open at same time

OE & AIM open at same time

..::Doc Von Rock:..

Hi boys & girls. I'm back with another project.

Win98 IE6 Compaq Presario

When I open up my Outlook Express, the aol instant messenger also springs to
life. Any way of keeping AIM from opening at the same time as OE. AIM
normally is set to connect when I turn the computer on, so I normally don't
have this problem, but AIM appears to be temporarily unavailable.

Thanks,
...:oc VonRock::..

Ryan Marker

In Outlook Express go to Tools, Options and uncheck automatically log on AOL
IM.

Ryan

"..:oc Von Rock:.." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sykPa.2211$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi boys & girls. I'm back with another project.
>
> Win98 IE6 Compaq Presario
>
> When I open up my Outlook Express, the aol instant messenger also springs

> life. Any way of keeping AIM from opening at the same time as OE. AIM
> normally is set to connect when I turn the computer on, so I normally

don't
> have this problem, but AIM appears to be temporarily unavailable.
>
> Thanks,
> ..:oc VonRock::..

..::Doc Von Rock:..

Ryan Marker scribbled with crayon:

: In Outlook Express go to Tools, Options and uncheck automatically log
: on AOL IM.
:
: Ryan

LOL.......................I had no idea that that was there, or whyit is.
Amazing.
Thanks Ryan

: (E-Mail Removed)
: "..:oc Von Rock:.." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:sykPa.2211$(E-Mail Removed) ...
:: Hi boys & girls. I'm back with another project.
::
:: Win98 IE6 Compaq Presario
::
:: When I open up my Outlook Express, the aol instant messenger also
:: springs to life. Any way of keeping AIM from opening at the same
:: time as OE. AIM normally is set to connect when I turn the computer
:: on, so I normally don't have this problem, but AIM appears to be
:: temporarily unavailable.
::
:: Thanks,
:: ..:oc VonRock::..

..::Doc Von Rock:..

...:oc Von Rock:.. scribbled with crayon:

: Ryan Marker scribbled with crayon:
:
:: In Outlook Express go to Tools, Options and uncheck automatically log
:: on AOL IM.
::
:: Ryan
:
: LOL.......................I had no idea that that was there, or whyit
: is. Amazing.
: Thanks Ryan
:
:
:: (E-Mail Removed)
:: "..:oc Von Rock:.." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
:: news:sykPa.2211$(E-Mail Removed) ...
::: Hi boys & girls. I'm back with another project.
:::
::: Win98 IE6 Compaq Presario
:::
::: When I open up my Outlook Express, the aol instant messenger also
::: springs to life. Any way of keeping AIM from opening at the same
::: time as OE. AIM normally is set to connect when I turn the computer
::: on, so I normally don't have this problem, but AIM appears to be
::: temporarily unavailable.
:::
::: Thanks,
::: ..:oc VonRock::..

Looks like I spoke too soon. When I went to open OE this morning, AIM opened
up along with it again. I just uninstalled AIM until I can figure this out.