Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Is it possible to receive a specific email from a pop3 account?

Is it possible to receive a specific email from a pop3 account?

Jibbed

Hi,
My computers hard drive failed recently and since then I've not been
downloading emails from my pop3 account. I'm on a friends computer now and I
know I can get the emails through Hotmail and other email clients but I've
got around 2,500 waiting, probably a few with big attachments so I'd rather
wait until the broken one's fixed.

I would however like to receive a specific email sent to me within the last
couple
of days. Is there any way to receive say email 2,480 to 2,500 from my
account without starting from 1?

I'm sure there must be something built in like a 'Skip' feature or
something?

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks everyone!
Jon

Brian H

In a desperate cry for help Jibbed said:

> Hi,
> My computers hard drive failed recently and since then I've not been
> downloading emails from my pop3 account. I'm on a friends computer now and I
> know I can get the emails through Hotmail and other email clients but I've
> got around 2,500 waiting, probably a few with big attachments so I'd rather
> wait until the broken one's fixed.
>
> I would however like to receive a specific email sent to me within the last
> couple
> of days. Is there any way to receive say email 2,480 to 2,500 from my
> account without starting from 1?
>
> I'm sure there must be something built in like a 'Skip' feature or
> something?
>
> Anyone know if this is possible?
>
> Thanks everyone!
> Jon

Can you sign in to your account via your ISP's web page?

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

Jimchip

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:48:00 +0100, Jibbed wrote:
> Hi,
> My computers hard drive failed recently and since then I've not been
> downloading emails from my pop3 account. I'm on a friends computer now and I
> know I can get the emails through Hotmail and other email clients but I've
> got around 2,500 waiting, probably a few with big attachments so I'd rather
> wait until the broken one's fixed.
>
> I would however like to receive a specific email sent to me within the last
> couple
> of days. Is there any way to receive say email 2,480 to 2,500 from my
> account without starting from 1?
>
> I'm sure there must be something built in like a 'Skip' feature or
> something?
>
> Anyone know if this is possible?

Use Magic Mail Monitor http://www.geeba.org/magic/ in order to view the
subject headers and delete the ones you don't want. You can also choose
to see the text versions of individual messages, etc.

(lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

Jibbed

Thanks for your reply Brian. I think I can actually, don't know why I didn't
think of that before . No need now, the soft Jimchip suggested did the
trick.

Thanks again,
Jon

"Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Sg6Pa.7742$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In a desperate cry for help Jibbed said:
>
> > Hi,
> > My computers hard drive failed recently and since then I've not been
> > downloading emails from my pop3 account. I'm on a friends computer now

and I
> > know I can get the emails through Hotmail and other email clients but

I've
> > got around 2,500 waiting, probably a few with big attachments so I'd

rather
> > wait until the broken one's fixed.
> >
> > I would however like to receive a specific email sent to me within the

last
> > couple
> > of days. Is there any way to receive say email 2,480 to 2,500 from my
> > account without starting from 1?
> >
> > I'm sure there must be something built in like a 'Skip' feature or
> > something?
> >
> > Anyone know if this is possible?
> >
> > Thanks everyone!
> > Jon

> Can you sign in to your account via your ISP's web page?
>
> --
> www.absey-vine.co.uk/
> freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

Jibbed

Cheers Jimchip. That's the dogs danglies that Mail Monitor. Nifty piece of
kit.

Done the job, cheers,

"Jimchip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:48:00 +0100, Jibbed wrote:
> > Hi,
> > My computers hard drive failed recently and since then I've not been
> > downloading emails from my pop3 account. I'm on a friends computer now

and I
> > know I can get the emails through Hotmail and other email clients but

I've
> > got around 2,500 waiting, probably a few with big attachments so I'd

rather
> > wait until the broken one's fixed.
> >
> > I would however like to receive a specific email sent to me within the

last
> > couple
> > of days. Is there any way to receive say email 2,480 to 2,500 from my
> > account without starting from 1?
> >
> > I'm sure there must be something built in like a 'Skip' feature or
> > something?
> >
> > Anyone know if this is possible?

> Use Magic Mail Monitor http://www.geeba.org/magic/ in order to view the
> subject headers and delete the ones you don't want. You can also choose
> to see the text versions of individual messages, etc.
>

> --
> Anyone outside my light-cone is dead to me. That's just a rule I have.
> (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

Jimchip

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:34:24 +0100, Jibbed wrote:
> Cheers Jimchip. That's the dogs danglies that Mail Monitor. Nifty piece of
> kit.

It's a good hack and has been a favorite for quite awhile.

> Done the job, cheers,
>

> "Jimchip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:48:00 +0100, Jibbed wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > My computers hard drive failed recently and since then I've not been
>> > downloading emails from my pop3 account. I'm on a friends computer now

> and I
>> > know I can get the emails through Hotmail and other email clients but

> I've
>> > got around 2,500 waiting, probably a few with big attachments so I'd

> rather
>> > wait until the broken one's fixed.
>> >
>> > I would however like to receive a specific email sent to me within the

> last
>> > couple
>> > of days. Is there any way to receive say email 2,480 to 2,500 from my
>> > account without starting from 1?
>> >
>> > I'm sure there must be something built in like a 'Skip' feature or
>> > something?
>> >
>> > Anyone know if this is possible?

>> Use Magic Mail Monitor http://www.geeba.org/magic/ in order to view the
>> subject headers and delete the ones you don't want. You can also choose
>> to see the text versions of individual messages, etc.
>>

>> --
>> Anyone outside my light-cone is dead to me. That's just a rule I have.
>> (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

(lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

Alien Zord

"Jibbed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:beiqvq$kjb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> My computers hard drive failed recently and since then I've not been
> downloading emails from my pop3 account. I'm on a friends computer now

and I
> know I can get the emails through Hotmail and other email clients but

I've
> got around 2,500 waiting, probably a few with big attachments so I'd

rather
> wait until the broken one's fixed.
>
> I would however like to receive a specific email sent to me within the

last
> couple
> of days. Is there any way to receive say email 2,480 to 2,500 from my
> account without starting from 1?
>
> I'm sure there must be something built in like a 'Skip' feature or
> something?
>
> Anyone know if this is possible?

http://www.e-mailanywhere.com/
http://www.mail2web.com/cgi-bin/login.asp?lid=0&il=0

Blinky the Shark

Jimchip wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:34:24 +0100, Jibbed wrote:

>> Cheers Jimchip. That's the dogs danglies that Mail Monitor. Nifty
>> piece of kit.

> It's a good hack and has been a favorite for quite awhile.

That and ePrompter for yahoomail: great combo. *My* old combo, in fact
-- well, whaddaya know?!

--
Blinky Linux RU 297263
Spam: The Boulder Pledge http://snurl.com/boulder