Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Sound card suggestions, please.

Re: Sound card suggestions, please.

Edward J. Neth

Take a look at the Philips line of cards - they're all under $50 and will
perform at least as well as anything from Creative Labs -- Best Buy carries
them, among others.

"JMI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:beho59$6aeb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I think my sound card (SoundBlaster Audigy Gamer) has failed and it's well
> past the warranty time. So I'm looking for a new Sound Card. I'd like to
> find one for $125 or less. I've seen the SounBlasterd Extigy and the
> Audigy 2 in that price range. Is one better than the other? I don't

think
> I really need the external sound device and all it's connections. I just
> need an out, an in, and a mic. But which one delivers better sound. My
> stereo is my computer and my computer is my stereo! I listen to music A

LOT
> (since I've got about 70 hours of music on my hard drive! Some downloaded
> and many from my CD collection!)
>
> I use Windows XP and I also play games like Unreal Tournament 2003, Unreal
> 2, Porsche Unleashed, and just recently purchased Enter the Matrix. So I
> guess game sound quality is also a requirement but I value music over

games.