Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Can't Remove Global Search Bar in IE6

Re: Can't Remove Global Search Bar in IE6

Richard

"Les Stewart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a customer with IE6 which has a "Global Search" bar. I disable it

in
> VIEW > TOOLBARS and when the computer restarts it is back. I can't find it
> in MSCONFIG startup or in add-remove programs. Also have run Ad-Aware to

no
> avail.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!!

More than likely in the registry. Do a search for it in the registry and
delete any keys found.

Jimchip

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:22:13 -0500, Richard wrote:

> Do a search for it in the registry and
> delete any keys found.

Troll-o-meter: "Richard" = Richard Bullis; Category = Kook
-----------------------
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
-----------------------
/\

Don't listen to "Richard". If there is ever any truth to what
he says it is for the same reason a broken clock is correct twice a day.

An example of Richard Bullis' technical knowledge:
"Ho hum. another loudmouth wise ass.
first of all buddy boy, newsgroups are not attached to the internet.
they are two seperate entities.
as a matter of fact, the newsgroups were on line before the internet
was."

A recent reply to Richard Bullis:
"I really hate to say this, but Bullis....you are an absolute idiot. I
am in awe at your complete lack of comprehension ability, and your utter
ignorance."

---*For More Information On NetKook Richard Bullis*---
http://www.lart.com/rtsfaq/
http://www.cabal.net/cenkoc/index1.html

(lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)