Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Anyone recognize this error?

Anyone recognize this error?

Jim

I keep getting 404 errors. The maddening thing is that once I refresh
the page it usually comes up. I get this error when the 404 page opens:
C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM/SHDOCLC.DLL/dns error. I googled for some possible
answers but haven't yet found exactly my situation. I'm running Win 98
SE on IE 6.0 here and nearly all information I've found relates directly
to 5.0 or 5.01 or older. Can someone please direct me to the answer?
Thanks all.

Greg

Try this:

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winme/t1046627904

Hope it helps...

news:behg7e$5bcno$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I keep getting 404 errors. The maddening thing is that once I refresh
> the page it usually comes up. I get this error when the 404 page opens:
> C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM/SHDOCLC.DLL/dns error. I googled for some possible
> answers but haven't yet found exactly my situation. I'm running Win 98
> SE on IE 6.0 here and nearly all information I've found relates directly
> to 5.0 or 5.01 or older. Can someone please direct me to the answer?
> Thanks all.

Jim

Nope, it's not that. I rechecked. As for an example, it's done it
before on www.google.com among others. When I refresh, it usually works
right.

Brian H¹© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kJXOa.7359$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In a desperate cry for help Jim said:
>
> > I keep getting 404 errors. The maddening thing is that once I

refresh
> > the page it usually comes up. I get this error when the 404 page

opens:
> > C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM/SHDOCLC.DLL/dns error. I googled for some

possible
> > answers but haven't yet found exactly my situation. I'm running Win

98
> > SE on IE 6.0 here and nearly all information I've found relates

directly
> > to 5.0 or 5.01 or older. Can someone please direct me to the

answer?
> > Thanks all.

> One possibility is that you have mistyped the url, got an example?
>
> --
> www.absey-vine.co.uk/
> freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

Shep©

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:28:27 -0500, In this world we created "Jim"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>I keep getting 404 errors. The maddening thing is that once I refresh
>the page it usually comes up. I get this error when the 404 page opens:
>C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM/SHDOCLC.DLL/dns error. I googled for some possible
>answers but haven't yet found exactly my situation. I'm running Win 98
>SE on IE 6.0 here and nearly all information I've found relates directly
>to 5.0 or 5.01 or older. Can someone please direct me to the answer?
>Thanks all.

Try these,
http://tinyurl.com/ggr1

HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

wyndchsyr

What version of AOL are you using? If you are using AOL 8.0 you can click
Start..Programs..America Online...and click America Online System
Information...Click the Utilities Tab....uninstall the adapter and clear
your cache....close AOL and reboot it....if you continue to get this
error....you can surf the web for DLL file downloads......there is a site
and unfortunately I can not remember it off the top of my head....I would
also be happy to send you the DLL myself
news:behg7e$5bcno$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I keep getting 404 errors. The maddening thing is that once I refresh
> the page it usually comes up. I get this error when the 404 page opens:
> C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM/SHDOCLC.DLL/dns error. I googled for some possible
> answers but haven't yet found exactly my situation. I'm running Win 98
> SE on IE 6.0 here and nearly all information I've found relates directly
> to 5.0 or 5.01 or older. Can someone please direct me to the answer?
> Thanks all.

Jim

Thanks. I'm online at the moment but next time I'm down I'll check.
Also thanks for the offer for the DLL. I might take you up on it.

news:%52Pa.18349$(E-Mail Removed) t...