Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > This producing a freeze upon start up of Win. 2000 Pro

This producing a freeze upon start up of Win. 2000 Pro

Bun Mui

There is something wrong with the computer.

I am conected to a network with Windows 2000 Pro connected to the internet.

Startup list there are all these programs running.

Program File name Loaded From

WindowsNTKernelLoader svhosts.exe HKEY_CU\Run
WindowsNTKernelLoader svhosts.exe HKEY_LM\Run
WindowsNTKernelLoader svhosts.exe HKEY_LM\RunOnce
WindowsNTKernelLoader svhosts.exe HKEY_LM\RunOnce
WindowsNTKernelLoader svhosts.exe HKEY_LM\RunOnceEX

This producing a freeze upon start up of Win. 2000 Pro.

The first time I shut down and re-start Windows. It would freeze before
any desktop icons show up. Just a blue screen background and an hour window
glass showing sand falling down. Then second time I **** download
and re-open it , it will load the icons o.k.

It always happens every alternate time.

How could I fix this problem?

Thanks.

Bun Mui

Mara

On 8 Jul 2003 18:18:24 -0700, Bun Mui wrote:

>There is something wrong with the computer.
>
>I am conected to a network with Windows 2000 Pro connected to the internet.
>
>Startup list there are all these programs running.
>

>Program File name Loaded From
>
>WindowsNTKernelLoader svhosts.exe HKEY_CU\Run
>WindowsNTKernelLoader svhosts.exe HKEY_LM\Run
>WindowsNTKernelLoader svhosts.exe HKEY_LM\RunOnce
>WindowsNTKernelLoader svhosts.exe HKEY_LM\RunOnce
>WindowsNTKernelLoader svhosts.exe HKEY_LM\RunOnceEX

Scan your system with an updated, good AV for W32.Sdbot.

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/anal...rojsdboth.html

<snip>

--
"I'm all for co-ed naked spam fighting."
-- Ereshkigal, nanae, 8/05/2000