Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: HP 720 Printer Software Install abends in XP

Re: HP 720 Printer Software Install abends in XP

Oxford Systems

"Sweet Andy Licious" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bef3hk$4bska$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Recently moved from win98 to xp home and tried to install the software

that
> came with my old hp 720 printer and it abended. The printer, however,

seems
> to work fine without installing the software which comes with it. My
> question is how do I align after a cartridge change? Asked this question

of
> HP and got some long bs answer that seemed to be generated automatically

and
> came nowhere near answering my question.
>
> It seems xp's plug and play worked ok and found an xp driver for the
> printer, I just wanted to be able to use the services I'm used to, but
> because of the abend during install of the software, I can't. The services

> use in addition to alignment are: testing communications and cleaning the
> cartridge. Are these services perhaps available some other way?

Open Control Panel. Go to "Printers and Faxes". Right click on the printer.
Select "properties" from the menu. Explore the tabs across the top of the
properties panel. Services like clean and align cartridges are, oddly
enough, under the "services" tab.