Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > POPUP

POPUP

Hugh Sutherland

Does n-e-1 know of a good POPUP KILLER program (freeware preferably) to use?
Their are so many out their.

Hugh

Brian H¹©

In a desperate cry for help Hugh Sutherland said:

> Does n-e-1 know of a good POPUP KILLER program (freeware preferably) to use?
> Their are so many out their.
>
> Hugh

NoAds

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

Bebop & Rocksteady

> Does n-e-1 know of a good POPUP KILLER program (freeware preferably) to
> use? Their are so many out their.

Proxomitron: http://www.proxomitron.org
We use and Recommend.

FreeSurfer: http://www.kolumbus.fi/eero.muhonen/FS/
Pow: http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...etwork/pow.htm
NoAds: http://www.southbaypc.com/NoAds/
PopKi: http://ranfo.com/popki.html
KillAd: http://www.wplus.net/pp/fsc
ClickOff: http://www.johanneshuebner.com/en/download.html
PopupEraser: http://www.webknacks.com/popuperaser.htm
PopupBuster: http://www.popupbuster.com/PopUpBuster/
PopUpPopper: http://www.bayden.com/Popper/default.asp
Window Shades: http://www.g-m-m.com/Software/WindowShades/index.php
AdShield: http://www.adshield.org/
Web Washer: http://www.webwasher.com
PopupStopper: http://www.panicware.com/popupstopper.html

Or your could change your browser to one that has a built in
popup stopper...

AVantBrowser: http://www.avantbrowser.com
We use and Recommend.

MyIE2: http://www.ruihehang.com/myie2/html_en/home.htm
Crazy Browser: http://www.crazybrowser.com/index.htm
Opera Browser: http://www.opera.com

Or do what we do and use Proxomitron as our proxy server &
popup stopper and Avant with built it popup stopper.
I haven't seen aderts for ages and somes forget that they
are there.

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

°Mike°

The software combination below is capable of stopping ALL
pop-ups. All free.

Outpost Firewall

Crazy Browser
http://www.crazybrowser.com

Proxomitron
http://computercops.biz/downloads-cat-19.html

Proxomitron configurations
http://www.jd5000.net/

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 20:32:52 -0400, in
<ZoJOa.582$(E-Mail Removed)>
Hugh Sutherland scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Richard

"Hugh Sutherland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZoJOa.582$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does n-e-1 know of a good POPUP KILLER program (freeware preferably) to

use?
> Their are so many out their.
>
> Hugh

www.crazybrowser.com
plugin for IE.
guarnteed no popups.
I have a mail account with usa.com and they drive me nuts with their popups.
CB ends that crap now.

Billh

Get the Google tool bar Beta Ver 2.0 it has a popup kill and will fill out
web forms. All free plus you can do all kinds of Google searches right in
your tool bar.

"Hugh Sutherland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZoJOa.582$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does n-e-1 know of a good POPUP KILLER program (freeware preferably) to

use?
> Their are so many out their.
>
> Hugh

Brian H¹©

In a desperate cry for help Richard said:

> "Hugh Sutherland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ZoJOa.582$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Does n-e-1 know of a good POPUP KILLER program (freeware preferably) to use?
>> Their are so many out their.
>>
>> Hugh
>>

> www.crazybrowser.com
> plugin for IE.
> guarnteed no popups.
> I have a mail account with usa.com and they drive me nuts with their popups.
> CB ends that crap now.

I bet usa.com are pleased to see they have you as a customer (not).

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware