Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: not able to get any web page

Re: not able to get any web page

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Kelley Parent continued:

> I am suddenly having a major problem with my explorer. I have windows
> 98 and I can always open my outlook express and can open my msn and
> yahoo messengers but whenever I try to go to a web page in any of my
> emails in outlook it just freezes and when it comes to the msn and
> yahoo I cannot even get to my emails. I cannot open my explorer
> either. My computer says I am connected a 45,333bps. I usually run at
> least 46,666. I am not a computer wiz by any stretch but if anyone
> could explain what I may be experiencing as my problem I would
> greatly appreciate the help. Thanks...

Your connection speed is irrelevant.

Go to Start/settings/control panel/add-remove programs and double click "M$
Int Explorer..." (NOT OE!!) and choose 'repair'.
Reboot.
--
slumpy
no more

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as slumpy continued:

>> Your connection speed is irrelevant.
>>
>> Go to Start/settings/control panel/add-remove programs and double
>> click "M$ Int Explorer..." (NOT OE!!) and choose 'repair'.
>> Reboot.

> Also delete your temporary internet files, .tmp files, and compact
> your folders via File/Folder/Compact All Folders.

Why tell me ?
Why not tell the OP ?

Feckin eedjit.
--