Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't uninstall Weatherbug!!!

Reply
Thread Tools

Can't uninstall Weatherbug!!!

 
 
Ouch!!!
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2003
A roommate installed Weatherbug on my computer without my permission, and
now I can't get rid of it!!

I tried uninstalling it from Add/Remove Programs, and I got errors saying
it couldn't be done. I installed it again, then tried uninstalling it -
same errors.

Is there some registry tweaking that I need to do at this point to get rid
of it? I'm using Windows 2000, by the way.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lonnie Amirault
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2003
Open windows explorer and remove it from there.

Lonnie

http://e-instantwealth.com


"Ouch!!!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> A roommate installed Weatherbug on my computer without my permission, and
> now I can't get rid of it!!
>
> I tried uninstalling it from Add/Remove Programs, and I got errors saying
> it couldn't be done. I installed it again, then tried uninstalling it -
> same errors.
>
> Is there some registry tweaking that I need to do at this point to get rid
> of it? I'm using Windows 2000, by the way.
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
trout
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2003
Lonnie Amirault wrote:

> Open windows explorer and remove it from there.
>
> Lonnie
>
> http://e-instantspam.com


Are you planning on offering a *lot* of dumb advice, in order to
spam-vertize your scam-site?
--
"I'd reconsider that idea."


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ouch!!!
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2003

"JOHNNY O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O5GOa.15412$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Ouch!!!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > A roommate installed Weatherbug on my computer without my permission,

and
> > now I can't get rid of it!!
> >
> > I tried uninstalling it from Add/Remove Programs, and I got errors

saying
> > it couldn't be done. I installed it again, then tried uninstalling it -
> > same errors.
> >
> > Is there some registry tweaking that I need to do at this point to get

rid
> > of it? I'm using Windows 2000, by the way.
> >
> >

> OUCH: bring live weatherbug up on the screen. in top left corner click

on
> arrow. select "disable live weatherbug". exit weatherbug. click start,
> click run, type in or select "msconfig". click on start-up. scroll down

to
> weatherbug and uncheck it. exit .out of there. click on start, click on
> control panel, click on add/remove option. scroll down to weatherbug and
> click on change/remove. wait for uninstall to happen. restart computer.
>
> johnny o.
>


I gave it a shot, but still no go. I dunno if Windows 2000 is supposed to
come with msconfig or not; mine doesn't have it. But I'm still not able to
get it off my PC. I don't know what else to try, outside of tweaking the
registry. Helllp!!!


 
Reply With Quote
 
Billh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-09-2003
Win 2000 does not have msconfig.

But if you want it find a computer with xp or 98 and copy the file over it
will run and let you disable startup items.


"Ouch!!!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "JOHNNY O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:O5GOa.15412$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Ouch!!!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > A roommate installed Weatherbug on my computer without my permission,

> and
> > > now I can't get rid of it!!
> > >
> > > I tried uninstalling it from Add/Remove Programs, and I got errors

> saying
> > > it couldn't be done. I installed it again, then tried uninstalling

it -
> > > same errors.
> > >
> > > Is there some registry tweaking that I need to do at this point to get

> rid
> > > of it? I'm using Windows 2000, by the way.
> > >
> > >

> > OUCH: bring live weatherbug up on the screen. in top left corner click

> on
> > arrow. select "disable live weatherbug". exit weatherbug. click

start,
> > click run, type in or select "msconfig". click on start-up. scroll

down
> to
> > weatherbug and uncheck it. exit .out of there. click on start, click

on
> > control panel, click on add/remove option. scroll down to weatherbug

and
> > click on change/remove. wait for uninstall to happen. restart

computer.
> >
> > johnny o.
> >

>
> I gave it a shot, but still no go. I dunno if Windows 2000 is supposed

to
> come with msconfig or not; mine doesn't have it. But I'm still not able

to
> get it off my PC. I don't know what else to try, outside of tweaking the
> registry. Helllp!!!
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Mara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-09-2003
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 22:47:34 -0400, Billh wrote:

>Win 2000 does not have msconfig.
>
>But if you want it find a computer with xp or 98 and copy the file over it
>will run and let you disable startup items.


Why go to the trouble when you can download this?

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

"It works perfectly."

<snip>

--
"I'm all for co-ed naked spam fighting."
-- Ereshkigal, nanae, 8/05/2000
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'make uninstall' - manual uninstall DBD::Oracle; fix perllocal.pod Am Nym Perl Misc 4 05-21-2012 01:58 PM
Smart Client Install/Uninstall broken - Not able to Uninstall Rahul ASP .Net Web Services 0 04-24-2008 10:59 AM
1.7b, shockwaveflash and uninstall JustMe Firefox 3 05-01-2004 08:45 AM
How to Uninstall Cutemenu? Himm Firefox 3 02-10-2004 05:35 AM
how to uninstall -mozilla/ linux r1_97 Firefox 1 07-01-2003 08:38 PM



Advertisments