Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > USB 1 vs. 2.0

USB 1 vs. 2.0

KEG

Is there a simple test to determine if my computer has USB 1.1 or 2.0 ports?

e-mail please to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

ooyah

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:38:51 -0700, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> KEG scrawled:
>
> >Is there a simple test to determine if my computer has USB 1.1
> >or 2.0 ports?
> >
> >e-mail please to (E-Mail Removed)

> Please don't ask for email only replies - usenet is not a personal
> service of any kind, and nobody owes you an answer.
>
> Ask a questing in the group, come back to the group for the answer.
> If you can't be bothered to do that, you don't deserve an answer.
>
> --
> Others may also learn by answers given in the group.

hello

i agree, but your reply to a 1 line simple question has consumed 5 lines,
with no answer just the usual fine tooth comb analysis rubbish which really
is quite boring, change the record!

what motheboard do you have, do you know? if so, it will be in the manual as
to what usb levels are supported

regards

°Mike°

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 21:48:14 +0100, in
<3f0b2e0f$0$18493$(E-Mail Removed)>
Cubzilla scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:38:51 -0700, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> KEG scrawled:
>>
>> >Is there a simple test to determine if my computer has USB 1.1
>> >or 2.0 ports?
>> >
>> >e-mail please to (E-Mail Removed)

>> Please don't ask for email only replies - usenet is not a personal
>> service of any kind, and nobody owes you an answer.
>>
>> Ask a questing in the group, come back to the group for the answer.
>> If you can't be bothered to do that, you don't deserve an answer.
>>
>> --
>> Others may also learn by answers given in the group.
>>

>°Mike°
>
>Didn't you say there are no rules in this group ?,

Where did I say there were no rules in this group? All of
usenet is governed by certain implied 'rules'. Do you
realise, for example, what would happen to you if you
posted a binary attachment containing kiddie porn in this
group? I could also show you proof of people that have
had their accounts pulled because of spamming in this
group - amongst other things.

> you now seem to be making them !

Really? How do you come to that conclusion?

>Ever thought of writing the FAQ

If that wasn't so pathetic, it would be funny. In fact, no,
it couldn't be funny, no matter what.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Mara

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 22:03:38 +0100, °Mike° wrote:

>On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 21:48:14 +0100, in
> <3f0b2e0f$0$18493$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Cubzilla scrawled:

<snip>
>>Ever thought of writing the FAQ

>If that wasn't so pathetic, it would be funny. In fact, no,
>it couldn't be funny, no matter what.

It's a morph of this idiot:

http://tinyurl.com/gd03
http://tinyurl.com/gd0f

"Jesus H. Christ."

--
"I'm all for co-ed naked spam fighting."
-- Ereshkigal, nanae, 8/05/2000

°Mike°

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:18:52 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Mara scrawled:

>On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 22:03:38 +0100, °Mike° wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 21:48:14 +0100, in
>> <3f0b2e0f$0$18493$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Cubzilla scrawled:

><snip>
>>>Ever thought of writing the FAQ

>>If that wasn't so pathetic, it would be funny. In fact, no,
>>it couldn't be funny, no matter what.

>It's a morph of this idiot:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/gd03
>http://tinyurl.com/gd0f
>
>"Jesus H. Christ."

So 'tis. Thanks for the heads up.

--
"Cheer up, the worst is yet to come."

ooyah

"ooyah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43GOa.5442$(E-Mail Removed)...
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:38:51 -0700, in
> > <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > KEG scrawled:
> >
> > >Is there a simple test to determine if my computer has USB 1.1
> > >or 2.0 ports?
> > >
> > >e-mail please to (E-Mail Removed)

> > Please don't ask for email only replies - usenet is not a personal
> > service of any kind, and nobody owes you an answer.
> >
> > Ask a questing in the group, come back to the group for the answer.
> > If you can't be bothered to do that, you don't deserve an answer.
> >
> > --
> > Others may also learn by answers given in the group.

> hello
>
> i agree, but your reply to a 1 line simple question has consumed 5 lines,
> with no answer just the usual fine tooth comb analysis rubbish which

really
> is quite boring, change the record!
>
> what motheboard do you have, do you know? if so, it will be in the manual

as
> to what usb levels are supported
>
> regards

hello again

sorry forhot to mention, also depends on your motherboard having built in
usb ports, you might however have addon usb ports, this can be a bit more
tricky - some hardware diagnostic/identifying software might help you here
such as :-

amidiag
sisoft sandra

there are loads more of this ilk - eval, freeware etc.etc - all should help

regards

Cubzilla

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 21:48:14 +0100, in
> <3f0b2e0f$0$18493$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Cubzilla scrawled:
>

> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:38:51 -0700, in
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >> KEG scrawled:

> >> Please don't ask for email only replies - usenet is not a personal
> >> service of any kind, and nobody owes you an answer.
> >>
> >> Ask a questing in the group, come back to the group for the answer.
> >> If you can't be bothered to do that, you don't deserve an answer.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Others may also learn by answers given in the group.
> >>

> >°Mike°
> >
> >Didn't you say there are no rules in this group ?,

> Where did I say there were no rules in this group? All of
> usenet is governed by certain implied 'rules'. Do you
> realise, for example, what would happen to you if you
> posted a binary attachment containing kiddie porn in this
> group? I could also show you proof of people that have
> had their accounts pulled because of spamming in this
> group - amongst other things.
>
> > you now seem to be making them !

> Really? How do you come to that conclusion?
>
> >Ever thought of writing the FAQ

> If that wasn't so pathetic, it would be funny. In fact, no,
> it couldn't be funny, no matter what.
>

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Chill out take a pill...

If this guy is new to the group , cut him some slack, point out his error
but at least offer him a solution.

you seem to be the self appointed guardian of the group, always be the first
to correct anyone who dares to cross the *implied rules*

back off a little !

Cubzilla

"Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 22:03:38 +0100, °Mike° wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 21:48:14 +0100, in
> > <3f0b2e0f$0$18493$(E-Mail Removed)>
> > Cubzilla scrawled:

> <snip>
> >>Ever thought of writing the FAQ

> >If that wasn't so pathetic, it would be funny. In fact, no,
> >it couldn't be funny, no matter what.

> It's a morph of this idiot:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/gd03
> http://tinyurl.com/gd0f
>
> "Jesus H. Christ."
>
> --
> "I'm all for co-ed naked spam fighting."
> -- Ereshkigal, nanae, 8/05/2000

Who woke you up !

Did °Mike° call yer to give him some support !

ooyah

"Cubzilla" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f0b3ac5$0$15034$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 21:48:14 +0100, in
> > <3f0b2e0f$0$18493$(E-Mail Removed)>
> > Cubzilla scrawled:
> >

> > >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > >°Mike°
> > >
> > >Didn't you say there are no rules in this group ?,

> > Where did I say there were no rules in this group? All of
> > usenet is governed by certain implied 'rules'. Do you
> > realise, for example, what would happen to you if you
> > posted a binary attachment containing kiddie porn in this
> > group? I could also show you proof of people that have
> > had their accounts pulled because of spamming in this
> > group - amongst other things.
> >
> > > you now seem to be making them !

> > Really? How do you come to that conclusion?
> >
> > >Ever thought of writing the FAQ

> > If that wasn't so pathetic, it would be funny. In fact, no,
> > it couldn't be funny, no matter what.
> >

> > --
> > Basic computer maintenance

> °Mike°
>
> Chill out take a pill...
>
> If this guy is new to the group , cut him some slack, point out his error
> but at least offer him a solution.
>
> you seem to be the self appointed guardian of the group, always be the

first
> to correct anyone who dares to cross the *implied rules*
>
> back off a little !

hello

here here, the funny thing is mike is one of the best posters here as well

regards

Cubzilla

"ooyah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MZGOa.5483$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Cubzilla" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f0b3ac5$0$15034$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> >
> > "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 21:48:14 +0100, in
> > > <3f0b2e0f$0$18493$(E-Mail Removed)>
> > > Cubzilla scrawled:

> > > Where did I say there were no rules in this group? All of
> > > usenet is governed by certain implied 'rules'. Do you
> > > realise, for example, what would happen to you if you
> > > posted a binary attachment containing kiddie porn in this
> > > group? I could also show you proof of people that have
> > > had their accounts pulled because of spamming in this
> > > group - amongst other things.

> > > Really? How do you come to that conclusion?

> > > If that wasn't so pathetic, it would be funny. In fact, no,
> > > it couldn't be funny, no matter what.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Basic computer maintenance
> > > http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

> > °Mike°
> >
> > Chill out take a pill...
> >
> > If this guy is new to the group , cut him some slack, point out his

error
> > but at least offer him a solution.
> >
> > you seem to be the self appointed guardian of the group, always be the

> first
> > to correct anyone who dares to cross the *implied rules*
> >
> > back off a little !
> >

> hello
>
> here here, the funny thing is mike is one of the best posters here as well
>
> regards

Yeah, he has been postin for a while, pity he has a personality problem
along with the other crony, aka Mara.

It's sad that people needing support may be put off posting.