Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Switching Programs

Switching Programs

Bill D

I have a TIFF file that is opened by a Kodak reader software. I would like
to have Adobe open this file. How can I do this. The Kodak software will not
let me cut and paste but the Adobe software will.

Thanks

Bill

MLFnet

"Bill D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:ytpOa.1688$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a TIFF file that is opened by a Kodak reader software. I would
> like to have Adobe open this file. How can I do this. The Kodak
> software will not let me cut and paste but the Adobe software will.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill

In Windows, Hold down [SHIFT] while right clicking the file. Then you will
see a new option to 'Open With...'. Choose this and then select the program
you want to open the file with. Check the checkbox to always open with the
program you just picked.

-=/ www.PC-Component.com /=-

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Bill D continued:

> I have a TIFF file that is opened by a Kodak reader software. I would
> like to have Adobe open this file. How can I do this. The Kodak
> software will not let me cut and paste but the Adobe software will.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill

If you only want to do it once, open Adobe and click on 'open' and browse to
the file. To make it permanent follow MLFnet's advice.
--
slumpy
no more