Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > W2K Pro

W2K Pro

nunya

I recieved all these error while trying to start W2K. I was moving
around hard drives and then this happened on a restart.

Can anyone help?

**STOP PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

"HS device driver
beginning dump of physical memory phisical memory dump complete.
Contact your system admin or tech support"

"a thread tried to release a resource it did not own"

"IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL"

now I get the blue screen everytime I get to the w2k start screen.

Please help !

ooyah

"nunya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recieved all these error while trying to start W2K. I was moving
> around hard drives and then this happened on a restart.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> **STOP PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA
>

> "HS device driver
> beginning dump of physical memory phisical memory dump complete.
> Contact your system admin or tech support"
>

> "a thread tried to release a resource it did not own"
>
> "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL"
>

> now I get the blue screen everytime I get to the w2k start screen.
>

> Please help !

hello

if it is possible. putting the drives back to how they were originally -does
this still produce the error?

regards

PhilGreg

"nunya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I tried that and it did not work.

[snip]

Try booting into safe mode and run scannow from start/run. That may
restore some file(s) that became corrupted.

--
Phil

\\\///
( o o )
--------oOOO-- ( )--OOOo------

nunya

still cannot get past w2k screen

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 01:27:44 -0400, "PhilGreg" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"nunya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I tried that and it did not work.

>[snip]
>
>Try booting into safe mode and run scannow from start/run. That may
>restore some file(s) that became corrupted.

PhilGreg

"nunya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> still cannot get past w2k screen

==> Press F8 while booting. That will get you to a menu from which you
can select Safe Mode

--
Phil

\\\///
( o o )
--------oOOO-- ( )--OOOo------
(E-Mail Removed)

nunya

Still get the blue screen

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:11:32 -0400, "PhilGreg" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"nunya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> still cannot get past w2k screen

>==> Press F8 while booting. That will get you to a menu from which you
>can select Safe Mode

Thund3rstruck

nunya rambled on about something in
<(E-Mail Removed)>:

> still cannot get past w2k screen

Hey Nunya. Odd running into you here. <G>

Anywho, what you might have to do is run a rebuild on it from the
original 2000 pro cdrom.

To do this, just boot up on the cdrom, and when it asks if it's a
new install, or repair an existing, choose the latter...

It'll ask if you have an ERD (Emergency Recovery Disk), and if you
do, insert it when it asks for it. If not, no biggie. You just might
need to reinstall a few programs..but all your data should be there.

HTH, and catch you in aacf/aadt later...

NOI

nunya

I can't get it to boot from cdrom. I did get the install started with
the boot disks. I get blue screen or it does not recognize the hard
drive.

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 18:25:51 -0400, Thund3rstruck
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>nunya rambled on about something in
><(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
>> still cannot get past w2k screen

> Hey Nunya. Odd running into you here. <G>
>
> Anywho, what you might have to do is run a rebuild on it from the
>original 2000 pro cdrom.
>
> To do this, just boot up on the cdrom, and when it asks if it's a
>new install, or repair an existing, choose the latter...
>
> It'll ask if you have an ERD (Emergency Recovery Disk), and if you
>do, insert it when it asks for it. If not, no biggie. You just might
>need to reinstall a few programs..but all your data should be there.
>
> HTH, and catch you in aacf/aadt later...
>
> NOI

Thund3rstruck

P.S. nunya. If you got your PC from dell/compaq/hp, your 2000 pro cd
won't work the same way. It could clone the hd...

Just thought of that. We need to know that before continuing...

NOI

ooyah

hello

you mentioned swapping hard drives about earlier, check all the connections
to the drives making sure no pins are bent or broken on them - can happen
when pushing the ide cable in and out often

regards