Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Frustrating IE question! Can someone explain to me why!!!!

Frustrating IE question! Can someone explain to me why!!!!

Puzzled@in.Texas

When you accidentally click an add on a page like Yahoo there seems to be
no way to stop it opening.
Clicking stop or Esc doesn't work.
I'm on a dialup and often click on what I think is blank space only to be
stuck for a minute or two while an advert page opens.

Brian H¹©

In a desperate cry for help http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)s said:

> When you accidentally click an add on a page like Yahoo there seems to be
> no way to stop it opening.
> Clicking stop or Esc doesn't work.
> I'm on a dialup and often click on what I think is blank space only to be
> stuck for a minute or two while an advert page opens.

Then stop repeating the same mistake.

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

°Mike°

Set your home page to a blank page in internet options.
If ever you click on a link by accident, press [ALT]+[HOME]
and a blank page will be instantly displayed. You should
be able to go "back" to the previous page.

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:36:21 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
(E-Mail Removed)s scrawled:

>When you accidentally click an add on a page like Yahoo there seems to be
>no way to stop it opening.
>Clicking stop or Esc doesn't work.
>I'm on a dialup and often click on what I think is blank space only to be
>stuck for a minute or two while an advert page opens.

--
Basic computer maintenance

sethra

(E-Mail Removed)s wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> When you accidentally click an add on a page like Yahoo there seems to be
> no way to stop it opening.
> Clicking stop or Esc doesn't work.
> I'm on a dialup and often click on what I think is blank space only to be
> stuck for a minute or two while an advert page opens.

Run an ad blocker or HTTP proxy.

--
~sethra