Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Shelliconcache file gone - wondering why it didn't come back....

Reply
Thread Tools

Shelliconcache file gone - wondering why it didn't come back....

 
 
Puzzled
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2003
I was having trouble with the little shortcut arrows on my desktop shortcuts
changing to different shapes, and someone recommended deleting the
shelliconcache file, then rebooting; this supposedly recreates the
shelliconcache file.

Well, I tried it - the icons seem to be okay now, but the shelliconcache
file didn't appear to get recreated. I did a search for it, but it's gone.
I think I could use a little help. Any suggestions?


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.497 / Virus Database: 296 - Release Date: 7/4/03


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2003
It will be recreated again when Windows needs it. Try rebooting
a couple of times, or browse through loads of folders in Windows
explorer, so that the cache has to be updated.


On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 19:50:09 GMT, in
<R9kOa.215$GL4.260@rwcrnsc53>
Puzzled scrawled:

>I was having trouble with the little shortcut arrows on my desktop shortcuts
>changing to different shapes, and someone recommended deleting the
>shelliconcache file, then rebooting; this supposedly recreates the
>shelliconcache file.
>
>Well, I tried it - the icons seem to be okay now, but the shelliconcache
>file didn't appear to get recreated. I did a search for it, but it's gone.
>I think I could use a little help. Any suggestions?
>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Puzzled
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2003

"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It will be recreated again when Windows needs it. Try rebooting
> a couple of times, or browse through loads of folders in Windows
> explorer, so that the cache has to be updated.
>
>
> On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 19:50:09 GMT, in
> <R9kOa.215$GL4.260@rwcrnsc53>
> Puzzled scrawled:
>
> >I was having trouble with the little shortcut arrows on my desktop

shortcuts
> >changing to different shapes, and someone recommended deleting the
> >shelliconcache file, then rebooting; this supposedly recreates the
> >shelliconcache file.
> >
> >Well, I tried it - the icons seem to be okay now, but the shelliconcache
> >file didn't appear to get recreated. I did a search for it, but it's

gone.
> >I think I could use a little help. Any suggestions?
> >

>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance
> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html


It happened just like you said it would - I rebooted, and there it was.
Thanks!


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.497 / Virus Database: 296 - Release Date: 7/4/03


 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2003
On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 22:55:28 GMT, in
<ATmOa.1022$(E-Mail Removed)>
Puzzled scrawled:

>
>"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It will be recreated again when Windows needs it. Try rebooting
>> a couple of times, or browse through loads of folders in Windows
>> explorer, so that the cache has to be updated.


<snip>

>It happened just like you said it would - I rebooted, and
>there it was.
>Thanks!


You're welcome.

--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wondering why ... find clausen Javascript 2 02-11-2007 10:42 AM
DVD/CD drive recognizes DVDs but not CDs - wondering why . Computer Support 3 01-02-2007 11:47 PM
findcontrol("PlaceHolderPrice") why why why why why why why why why why why Mr. SweatyFinger ASP .Net 2 12-02-2006 03:46 PM
wondering why my array of strings (String[]) is not upcastable to Object ? _clb_ spambin@perigon.com Java 4 12-28-2004 08:18 PM
Come One, Come All Jess Guim Digital Photography 0 12-02-2003 04:43 PM



Advertisments