Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Cant connect to the internet after error message

Re: Cant connect to the internet after error message

°Mike°

Do you have Ad-Aware installed? There is reference to
"sockets init failed" in this Lavasoft forum:
http://snurl.com/socketsinitfailed

Just a thought.

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:18:36 +0100, in
<iIjOa.4610$(E-Mail Removed)>
Max Sand scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Max Sand

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you have Ad-Aware installed? There is reference to
> "sockets init failed" in this Lavasoft forum:
> http://snurl.com/socketsinitfailed
>
> Just a thought.
>

> On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:18:36 +0100, in
> <iIjOa.4610$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Max Sand scrawled:
>
> >Hewlett packard pc
> >Windows XP
> >Fairly new
> >
> >This error message appears just when i startup the pc
> >
> >"Cannot start hp center sockets init failed"
> >
> >Everytime this message appears it stops me connecting to the net, i get
> >dialled in fine and it verifys the username and password and connects but

> >cant connect to any MSN or any webpages (cannot find server or dns error)
> >
> >When i do an IPconfig the ipaddress is 0.0.0.0 , the same address for the
> >DNS and subnet masks.
> >
> >I can get around this by doing a system restore to the previous day or

week
> >or whatever but then it comes back a few days later, and no software or
> >hardware changes are made.
> >
> >Very strange
> >
> >Any Ideas
> >
> >Max
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

i dont have it installed but i will take a look

Thanks Mike

°Mike°

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:49:53 +0100, in
<C9kOa.4640$(E-Mail Removed)>
Max Sand scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Do you have Ad-Aware installed? There is reference to
>> "sockets init failed" in this Lavasoft forum:
>> http://snurl.com/socketsinitfailed
>>
>> Just a thought.

<snip>

>i dont have it installed but i will take a look
>
>Thanks Mike

Ok, good luck.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Max Sand

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:49:53 +0100, in
> <C9kOa.4640$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Max Sand scrawled:
>

> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Do you have Ad-Aware installed? There is reference to
> >> "sockets init failed" in this Lavasoft forum:
> >> http://snurl.com/socketsinitfailed
> >>
> >> Just a thought.

> <snip>
>
> >i dont have it installed but i will take a look
> >
> >Thanks Mike

> Ok, good luck.
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance

I have looked about and i have got adaware version 6 build 160 which i think
is affected by this bug. I have already done a system restore tonight so i
will download build 162 and also the winsockfix and hopefully it wont happen
again.

I think youve cracked it

Cheers

Brian H¹©

In a desperate cry for help Max Sand said:

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:49:53 +0100, in
>> <C9kOa.4640$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Max Sand scrawled:
>>

>>> "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> <snip>
>>
>>> i dont have it installed but i will take a look
>>>
>>> Thanks Mike

>> Ok, good luck.
>>
>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

> I have looked about and i have got adaware version 6 build 160 which i think
> is affected by this bug. I have already done a system restore tonight so i
> will download build 162 and also the winsockfix and hopefully it wont happen
> again.
>
> I think youve cracked it
>
> Cheers

There are other files required to get Ad-Aware fully up-to-date.
You can get them from my Ad-Aware page.

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

°Mike°

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 21:07:02 +0100, in
<HpkOa.4651$(E-Mail Removed)>
Max Sand scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:49:53 +0100, in
>> <C9kOa.4640$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Max Sand scrawled:
>>

>> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> <snip>
>>
>> >i dont have it installed but i will take a look
>> >
>> >Thanks Mike

>> Ok, good luck.
>>
>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

>I have looked about and i have got adaware version 6 build 160
>which i think is affected by this bug. I have already done a
>system restore tonight so i will download build 162 and also
>the winsockfix and hopefully it wont happen again.
>
>I think youve cracked it
>
>Cheers

Excellent. You're welcome.

--