Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > safe mode

safe mode

the bopper

could anyone please help and tell me to stop windows xp opening up in safe
mode I am unable to play any of my games because of it.
thanx in advance the bopper.

Kráftéé

> could anyone please help and tell me to stop windows xp opening up
in
> safe mode I am unable to play any of my games because of it.
> thanx in advance the bopper.

Yep cure the problem which is causing it to open in safe mode

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

the bopper

quite right but how do i stop xp opening up in safe mode Please!
"Brian H¹©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newswiOa.5921$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Errrrr...erm... the bopper said:
>
> > could anyone please help and tell me to stop windows xp opening up in

safe
> > mode I am unable to play any of my games because of it.
> > thanx in advance the bopper.

> Sure, stop windows xp opening up in safe mode.

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as the bopper continued:

> could anyone please help and tell me to stop windows xp opening up in
> safe mode I am unable to play any of my games because of it.
> thanx in advance the bopper.

No problem. Put the empties behind the sofa, she'll never find them there.
--
slumpy
no more

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as the bopper continued:

> quite right but how do i stop xp opening up in safe mode Please!

Ah you actually want to stop XP opening in safe mode, instead of just being
told to do so. I understand now.
--
slumpy
no more

the bopper

does anyone want to help me please

"slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:beccve$3jsr9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> threw back my head and roared with laughter as the bopper continued:
>
> > could anyone please help and tell me to stop windows xp opening up in
> > safe mode I am unable to play any of my games because of it.
> > thanx in advance the bopper.

> No problem. Put the empties behind the sofa, she'll never find them there.
> --
> slumpy
> no more
> no less
> just slumpy

°Mike°

A Description of the Safe Mode Boot Options in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;315222

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:53:16 +0000 (UTC), in
<becc2b$soj$(E-Mail Removed)>
the bopper scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

the bopper

I get the safe mode message when I try to play a game from disc
"Kráftéé" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:A7jOa.5951$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > does anyone want to help me please

> Answer the question, why is it opening up in 'Safe Mode', this will
> mean you watching the screen & seeing what error messages flash up
> when you boot it. Windows XP doesn't boot into 'Safe Mode' unless it
> thinks something is wrong so your problem is why is it doing it, no
> the fact that it is doing it....
>
> Without you supplying the information the best, cover all, answer will
> be to reformat & reload Windows which is something you do not want to
> do as a first step (maybe a last step but never first)...
> >
> > "slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:beccve$3jsr9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
> >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as the bopper
> >> continued:

> >> No problem. Put the empties behind the sofa, she'll never find them
> >> there. --
> >> slumpy
> >> no more
> >> no less
> >> just slumpy

> --
> B-)
> Life is pain.....
> Deal with it!!

Kráftéé

> I get the safe mode message when I try to play a game from disc

So you are saying that Windows is telling you that is in safe mode or
that it needs to be in safe mode??????

Read what's already been posted & try again
--
B-)
Life is pain.....

DH

Sometimes, for various reasons, Windows will insert a line in the MSDOS.SYS
file, that forces Windows to start in "Safe Mode" for no apparent reason.
MSDOS.SYS is a hidden/read only/system file. You can look at the file, to
see if there is a line in it that says SafeMode=1. If the line is there, you
need to either remove it, or change it to say SafeMode=0. The MSDOS.SYS file
is located in the root directory of your C: drive. You will have to change
the attributes of the file to be able to edit it. But, you can look at the
file with "WordPad" or "NotePad" to see if the line is there.

"the bopper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:becc2b$soj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> could anyone please help and tell me to stop windows xp opening up in safe
> mode I am unable to play any of my games because of it.
> thanx in advance the bopper.

Norton Antivirus 2005 will not scan in normal mode but will in safe mode Vic Computer Support 2 09-23-2005 07:39 PM
Re: Norton Antivirus 2005 will not scan in normal mode but will in safe mode Vic Computer Support 0 09-23-2005 04:50 PM
Safe mode Vs normal mode Echy Firefox 6 08-27-2005 07:56 PM
adware different in safe mode and normal mode?? Ladydeb Computer Support 0 09-24-2004 09:30 AM

Advertisments