Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Munging email with news.CIS.DFN.de

Munging email with news.CIS.DFN.de

rifleman

anyone know how to do this? If I use all the normal methods I can't
post!
--
(I may be wrong...I usually am....)
Google is your Friend

rifleman

In article <bebqr2$2ut6h$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> threw back my head and roared with laughter as rifleman continued:
>
> > In article <eIdOa.16758$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> > says...
> >>
> >> Use <(E-Mail Removed)> and if you want to put your real addy in the
> >> reply-to header.
> >>

> > I've tried that, with (E-Mail Removed) but I get the message "Not a
> > valid domain"

> But (E-Mail Removed) will work, it's designed purely for that reason.

I'll use that then! Thanks!

Jimchip

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:33:12 -0500, Richard wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) should work.
> it is a valid domain even though it is not available for registration.
> you could also use (E-Mail Removed)
> let the spammers hit on that one all they want.

Oh St00pid...you are wrong again.

---*For More Information On NetKook Richard Bullis*---
http://www.lart.com/rtsfaq/
http://www.cabal.net/cenkoc/index1.html

(lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

Mara

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:38:16 -0000, Jimchip wrote:

>On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:33:12 -0500, Richard wrote:
>>
>> (E-Mail Removed) should work.
>> it is a valid domain even though it is not available for registration.
>> you could also use (E-Mail Removed)
>> let the spammers hit on that one all they want.

>Oh St00pid...you are wrong again.

Chris sayeth:

"Users of the newsserver are expected to follow this set of rules.
Disregarding the rules may cause termination of access privileges without
further notice.

* Accurate Sender Address
The e-mail addresses in From:, Reply-To:, and Sender: fields must belong
to you and they have to be valid. Using identifiers of other individuals without
their permission or e-mail addresses that will bounce is not permitted. (For
more details see paragraph 5.3 of the FAQ.)"

http://news.cis.dfn.de/en/rules.html

However, me*@privacy.net *is* a valid address and accepted as such.

So yes, St00pis is wrong yet again.

"No big surprise."

>---*For More Information On NetKook Richard Bullis*---
> http://www.lart.com/rtsfaq/
> http://www.cabal.net/cenkoc/index1.html

"I'm all for co-ed naked spam fighting."
-- Ereshkigal, nanae, 8/05/2000

trout

rifleman wrote:

> In article <bebqr2$2ut6h$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...

>> But (E-Mail Removed) will work, it's designed purely for that reason.
>>

> I'll use that then! Thanks!

You can combine that with a number, to make yourself a little more
distinctive. For example: (E-Mail Removed). Numbers 0-9 can be used.
(Much easier to find "replies to my messages",etc.)
Search the newsgroup first, though; so you don't pick one that's
currently in use. (I use "2"; Slumpy uses "3"; I'm not sure about the
others.)
http://privacy.net/email/
--
"Read about it."

Paul - xxx

Jimchip deftly scribbled:

> On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 11:22:37 -0500, Mara wrote:

>>> Oh St00pid...you are wrong again.

>> Chris sayeth:
>>
>> "Users of the newsserver are expected to follow this set of
>> rules. Disregarding the rules may cause termination of access
>> privileges without further notice.

> St00pid has had his account terminated so often that he probably
> thinks
> being ToS'd is just 'normal' for Usenet access.

It's obvious how st00pid he is, but even his spelling, grammer (sic) and
punctuation (though never strong points to begin with) are all getting worse
it seems .. I wonder if he has some terrible disease ...

Ah well, we live in hope ..

--
....................................Paul-xxx

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as trout continued:

> rifleman wrote:
>
>> In article <bebqr2$2ut6h$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>> says...

>>> But (E-Mail Removed) will work, it's designed purely for that reason.
>>>

>> I'll use that then! Thanks!

> You can combine that with a number, to make yourself a little more
> distinctive. For example: (E-Mail Removed). Numbers 0-9 can be used.
> (Much easier to find "replies to my messages",etc.)
> Search the newsgroup first, though; so you don't pick one that's
> currently in use. (I use "2"; Slumpy uses "3"; I'm not sure about the
> others.)
> http://privacy.net/email/

I change mine every now and then, when I've done a quick morph to abuse
someone and forget which it was before
--
slumpy
no more

Gary G. Taylor

Paul - xxx wrote:

> I wonder if he has some terrible disease ...

He's alive. That's a plague on us.
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

Josef Knecht

"Gary G. Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Paul - xxx wrote:
>
>> I wonder if he has some terrible disease ...

>He's alive. That's a plague on us.

TINU

--
zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

- Panama!"

- Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

A reminder about munging email addresses richard Computer Support 13 12-01-2008 04:23 AM
Munging URLs to store data jmensch@shaw.ca ASP .Net 2 06-10-2005 11:06 AM
email munging Gadget Computer Support 3 06-11-2004 04:00 AM
Munging email address for News.CIS.DFN.DE John Stubbs Computer Support 21 10-01-2003 12:58 AM
Cookie munging problem ASP .Net 5 08-02-2003 06:07 PM

Advertisments