Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Mouse Pointer

Re: Mouse Pointer

Shepİ

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 15:47:51 -0500, In this world we created "Jerry
Knight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>I am using widows 98SE and occaisionally my mouse pointer will suddenly
>change to a black box about 1.2 inch square.I have to re-boot to cure it.
>Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Boot to Safemode/Device Manager and remove ALL entries for the mouse
and your display adaptor and re-boot and let windows re-install them
as per,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/drivers.html
Look for updated drivers for the Video card and if the mouse also uses
additional software look for updates for that as well.
If this is a USB mouse then in the Device Manager/USB section also
disable the error correction as it's bogus.
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,