Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Auction tool suggestion?

Auction tool suggestion?

gita lal

Hey there. I'm looking for an application to manage my Ebay auctions,
as both a buyer and seller. I don't need something with design
templates, or anything that connects to a server for image storage..
nothing like that. Currently, I use Epigroove's
(http://www.epigroove.com) A.I.D. While I *really* like this
software, it was created with Filemaker, and as such is buggy as hell,
and doesn't work like a native Windows app. It's been good for a
coupla years, but now I'm a bit underwhelmed by it. I would love to
find something that's as much like it as possible, but started out a
Windows app. I've tried all the major freeware/shareware sites of
which I'm aware, and have given all the apps a shot, but haven't found
anything to my liking. (I wish Collectorz.com would write an app like
this, I know they'd get it right.)

I was hoping that perhaps someone might know of something I've not yet
found on my own. Would appreciate any suggestions (short of "write
your own" - I'm not capable of that right now ).

Thanks!

..g

* drop your pants to reply via e-mail

SgtMinor

Something here, maybe?: http://auctioninsights.com/

I've no personal experience with any auction software but if you see a
nice looking listing, why not "ask the seller a question" about the
software used -- in many cases the listing mentions it by name and
version. And don't forget the discussion boards and chat rooms at eBay.

gita lal wrote:

> Hey there. I'm looking for an application to manage my Ebay auctions,
> as both a buyer and seller. I don't need something with design
> templates, or anything that connects to a server for image storage..
> nothing like that. Currently, I use Epigroove's
> (http://www.epigroove.com) A.I.D. While I *really* like this
> software, it was created with Filemaker, and as such is buggy as hell,
> and doesn't work like a native Windows app. It's been good for a
> coupla years, but now I'm a bit underwhelmed by it. I would love to
> find something that's as much like it as possible, but started out a
> Windows app. I've tried all the major freeware/shareware sites of
> which I'm aware, and have given all the apps a shot, but haven't found
> anything to my liking. (I wish Collectorz.com would write an app like
> this, I know they'd get it right.)
>
> I was hoping that perhaps someone might know of something I've not yet
> found on my own. Would appreciate any suggestions (short of "write
> your own" - I'm not capable of that right now ).
>
> Thanks!
>
> .g
>
> * drop your pants to reply via e-mail

gita lal

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 18:05:45 -0400, SgtMinor
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Something here, maybe?: http://auctioninsights.com/

Hey, thanks for link, SgtMinor Unfortunately, I didn't find
anything I really liked this time around, but I'll keep it around and
check it from time to time.

>I've no personal experience with any auction software but if you see a
>nice looking listing, why not "ask the seller a question" about the
>software used -- in many cases the listing mentions it by name and
>version.

Sorry I wasn't clear in my initial request. I don't need assistance
in creating the listing, just keeping track of current auctions on
which I'm bidding, or items I'm selling.

>And don't forget the discussion boards and chat rooms at eBay.

Hey, there's a thought. Duh. I've never used 'em, so it didn't even
occur to me. Gotta love when you completely miss the most obvious
course of action, eh?

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond, I'll be sure to check
out those resources.