Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE 6 Troubles ... Maybe Cable Router Too?

IE 6 Troubles ... Maybe Cable Router Too?

Sens Fan Trapped In Ohio

For some reason I must have set something weird with my Internet Explorer 6,
because now it seems that some Java apps won't work on my system. Does
anyone know how to check and see if the Java settings are correct? I reset
IE6 to the default settings, but I still think something is not right! In
fact one of the sites in particular I'm having trouble with is a chatting
area, but it says it could also be due to my router blocking traffic. So
how do I check to see if these ports are blocked by hardware ... and how can
I un-do them?

Thanks!!!

- Kyle

$1million US dollars to sens_fan_trapped_in_oh4 (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change
the obvious to the obvious. Oh, and if you must abuse or insult, don't
expect a reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)

boy wonder

Turn off your firewall. Then, does it work ok now?
See this invaluable page : www.privacy.net , do a complete analysis, it will
also give you a report on the Java functions in your pc. I love this site,
its one of my favorites.

Windws is jst ine for bckgroun comnicaions
[Taglinator 3.0 unregistered - www.srtware.com]
--
boy wonder

news:(E-Mail Removed)...