Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 384MB vs. 512MB MEMORY????

Reply
Thread Tools

384MB vs. 512MB MEMORY????

 
 
Ralph Wade Phillips
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2003
Howdy!

"Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5QINa.16292$Ix2.7799@rwcrnsc54...
> Is there a big performence difference though??


Yes - no - maybe.

It really depends on if you're into the swap file or not.

RwP

> "Brian H¹©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ZOINa.4640$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > X-No-Archive: Yes
> > Errrrr...erm... Dan said:
> >
> > > Is there a big difference between 384MB and 512 MB for a computer with

a
> > > pentium 4 prosessor??

> >
> > Yes, 128MB
> >
> > --
> > www.absey-vine.co.uk/
> > freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ron Martell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2003
Shep© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You wouldn't see much difference unless the applications/programs you
>use use the Extra Ram.
>Click here,
>http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/easy.html
>


Anyone who believes that Cacheman can ever possibly do something
useful for a computer is totally unqualified to give advice about
computer matters and should refrain from doing so.


Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

"The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Shep©
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2003
On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 07:36:33 GMT, In this world we created Ron Martell
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>Shep© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>You wouldn't see much difference unless the applications/programs you
>>use use the Extra Ram.
>>Click here,
>>http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/easy.html
>>

>
>Anyone who believes that Cacheman can ever possibly do something
>useful for a computer is totally unqualified to give advice about
>computer matters and should refrain from doing so.


Ooooh.Get her.
Anyone calling themselves an MVP should get their bumps felt :O)



--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/trouble.html
Free songs download,
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/17/sheppard.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Slumpy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2003
"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
threw back my head and roared with laughter as Ralph Wade Phillips
continued:

> Howdy!
>
> "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:5QINa.16292$Ix2.7799@rwcrnsc54...
>> Is there a big performence difference though??

>
> Yes - no - maybe.
>
> It really depends on if you're into the swap file or not.


His wife won't go to those parties anymore, after that weightlifter thing.
--
slumpy
no more
no less
just slumpy


 
Reply With Quote
 
Slumpy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2003
"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:

>>> It really depends on if you're into the swap file or not.

>>
>> His wife won't go to those parties anymore, after that weightlifter
>> thing.

>
> Too much RAM?


Hehe ;-0)
--
slumpy
no more
no less
just slumpy


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ralph Wade Phillips
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2003
Howdy!

"Brian H¹©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:K90Oa.5359$(E-Mail Removed)...
> X-No-Archive: Yes
> Errrrr...erm... Slumpy said:
>
> > "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
> > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Ralph Wade Phillips
> > continued:
> >
> >> Howdy!
> >>
> >> "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:5QINa.16292$Ix2.7799@rwcrnsc54...
> >>> Is there a big performence difference though??
> >>
> >> Yes - no - maybe.
> >>
> >> It really depends on if you're into the swap file or not.

> >
> > His wife won't go to those parties anymore, after that weightlifter

thing.
>
> Too much RAM?


Ewe must be kid-ding, right?

RwP


 
Reply With Quote
 
slumpy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2003
"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
threw back my head and roared with laughter as Ralph Wade Phillips
continued:

>>> His wife won't go to those parties anymore, after that weightlifter
>>> thing.

>>
>> Too much RAM?

>
> Ewe must be kid-ding, right?


Ignore him, he's baaahmy
--
slumpy
no more
no less
just slumpy


 
Reply With Quote
 
Shep©
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2003
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 14:39:33 +0100, In this world we created "slumpy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
>threw back my head and roared with laughter as Ralph Wade Phillips
>continued:
>
>>>> His wife won't go to those parties anymore, after that weightlifter
>>>> thing.
>>>
>>> Too much RAM?

>>
>> Ewe must be kid-ding, right?

>
>Ignore him, he's baaahmy


Heh.Heh.
Pot/Kettle<grin> &-)



--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/trouble.html
Free songs download,
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/17/sheppard.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Shep©
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2003
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 01:04:00 +0100, In this world we created "Brian
H¹©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>X-No-Archive: Yes
> In a desperate cry for help Shep© said:
>
>> On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 14:39:33 +0100, In this world we created "slumpy"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :
>>
>>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
>>> threw back my head and roared with laughter as Ralph Wade Phillips
>>> continued:
>>>
>>>>>> His wife won't go to those parties anymore, after that weightlifter
>>>>>> thing.
>>>>>
>>>>> Too much RAM?
>>>>
>>>> Ewe must be kid-ding, right?
>>>
>>> Ignore him, he's baaahmy

>>
>> Heh.Heh.
>> Pot/Kettle<grin> &-)

>
>Grassy arse?


Donkey shite :O



--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/trouble.html
Free songs download,
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/17/sheppard.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sandisk 512MB Ultra II Cheaper Than Sandisk 512MB Regular SD Card powrwrap@aol.com Digital Photography 0 12-28-2005 09:37 PM
Transcend T-Sonic 610 512MB MP3 Player Silverstrand Front Page News 1 09-14-2005 03:29 AM
HEXUS.review: ABIT Fatal1ty X800 XL 512MB Silverstrand Front Page News 2 08-07-2005 05:07 AM
HEXUS.beans - Exclusive ABIT Fatal1ty X800 XL 512MB Details Silverstrand Front Page News 7 07-05-2005 06:15 AM
Asterisk ** Adtran 750, 5xQuad FXS, 1xQuad FXO, Pentium 500MHz, 10GB hard Drive, 384MB RAM..Will that do? asterisk_effort VOIP 3 10-12-2003 01:04 AM



Advertisments