Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Cleaning CD's???

Re: Cleaning CD's???

DH

I use toothpaste.

"Smiley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just read something that I'm very doubtful of. Has anybody heard of

this?
> I just read that Peanut Butter's supposed to be able to remove the

scratches
> from CD's. Exact text:
>
> "Peanut butter - will get scratches out of CD's! Wipe off with a coffee
> filter paper"
>
> That can't be true, can it?

Josef Knecht

"Smiley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I just read something that I'm very doubtful of. Has anybody heard of

this?
> I just read that Peanut Butter's supposed to be able to remove the

scratches
> from CD's. Exact text:
>
> "Peanut butter - will get scratches out of CD's! Wipe off with a coffee
> filter paper"
>
> That can't be true, can it?

Whatever material you use, ensure you wipe/polish from the centre
outwards (or from the outside edge in) as opposed to a circular motion
around the central hole just the same as I would wipe my arse.

--
zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

- Panama!"

- Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

Phineas P. Hornswaggle

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:56:33 +0930 (CST), Josef Knecht
<(E-Mail Removed)> ripped off his/her clothing and screamed
to the world:

>"Smiley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I just read something that I'm very doubtful of. Has anybody heard of

>this?
>> I just read that Peanut Butter's supposed to be able to remove the

>scratches
>> from CD's. Exact text:
>>
>> "Peanut butter - will get scratches out of CD's! Wipe off with a coffee
>> filter paper"
>>
>> That can't be true, can it?
>>

>Whatever material you use, ensure you wipe/polish from the centre
>outwards (or from the outside edge in) as opposed to a circular motion
>around the central hole.

<reference to your butt removed for cleanliness>

Why is that? Does the Reader access directly across? Or is it that
circular scratches can cause the lazer to track off ?
--
Phin, damn you, will you e-mail me?
Vince

to me in teh 24hrsupport.helpdesk noosfroop.

Josef Knecht

Phineas P. Hornswaggle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:56:33 +0930 (CST), Josef Knecht
><(E-Mail Removed)> ripped off his/her clothing and screamed
>to the world:
>
>>"Smiley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I just read something that I'm very doubtful of. Has anybody heard of

>>this?
>>> I just read that Peanut Butter's supposed to be able to remove the

>>scratches
>>> from CD's. Exact text:
>>>
>>> "Peanut butter - will get scratches out of CD's! Wipe off with a coffee
>>> filter paper"
>>>
>>> That can't be true, can it?
>>>

>>Whatever material you use, ensure you wipe/polish from the centre
>>outwards (or from the outside edge in) as opposed to a circular motion
>>around the central hole.

><reference to your butt removed for cleanliness>

m-heh-heh

>Why is that? Does the Reader access directly across? Or is it that
>circular scratches can cause the lazer to track off ?

The latter, dued.

--
zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

- Panama!"

- Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

Cleaning C partition FFox, Tbird, Sbird no_one@no_where.invalid Firefox 0 03-16-2006 03:55 PM
Cleaning out cache History Fan Firefox 5 11-16-2005 09:34 AM
help cleaning my nat inside list jcharth@hotmail.com Cisco 0 10-13-2005 09:02 PM
IHttpHandler, IHttpModules, and cleaning up after File Uploading... Sky Sigal ASP .Net 13 08-03-2004 10:27 PM
Cleaning up read messages Mike Phillips Firefox 1 10-30-2003 07:20 PM

Advertisments