Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Passwording Files

Re: Passwording Files

Steve

"kerplunkuk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:be5dth$850$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a utility freeware if possible to password the opening of files

and
> password the deleting. I want to protect some files from deletion, and
> others from the kids.
>
> Thanks
>
> --

If you've got XP, you can set up separate accounts for each user. Password
protect your own account and make your My Documents folder private whilst
making your kids My Documents folders shareable. This way my kids can't read
the files in my My Documents folder (at least not in Windows), whilst I can
see the files in their My Documents folders.

passwording Bullet Computer Support 2 07-08-2003 01:48 PM
Re: Passwording Files Shepİ Computer Support 0 07-05-2003 08:19 PM
Re: Passwording Files Richard Computer Support 0 07-05-2003 06:14 AM
Re: Passwording Files °Mike° Computer Support 0 07-05-2003 02:46 AM
Re: Passwording Files keith_project21 Computer Support 0 07-05-2003 02:46 AM

Advertisments