Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mail Delivery failure

Mail Delivery failure

Brian H

Errrrr...erm... Stevie D said:

> Hi,
>
> In my e-mail I am constantly getting notification of a mail delivery
> failure. When I look at the failed e-mail addresses they belong to people
> I've never heard of and certainly have never tried to e-mail.
>
> Can anybody please tell me what's going on?

Sounds like someone with your address in their adress book has caught the klez
virus.

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

Stevie D

Hi,

In my e-mail I am constantly getting notification of a mail delivery
failure. When I look at the failed e-mail addresses they belong to people
I've never heard of and certainly have never tried to e-mail.

Can anybody please tell me what's going on?

Dr Halonfires Les Girl

"Unk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 18:31:17 +0100, "Stevie D" <Steve@127.0.0.1> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >In my e-mail I am constantly getting notification of a mail delivery
> >failure. When I look at the failed e-mail addresses they belong to people
> >I've never heard of and certainly have never tried to e-mail.
> >
> >Can anybody please tell me what's going on?
> >

> In all likelihood, someone who has your email address has the w32.klez

virus

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

> Or the download the tool directly.
> http://securityresponse.symantec.com...er/FixKlez.com
> After you download it, double-click it to scan your system. It will let

you

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ook.entry.html

> Unk

There is also a distinct possibility that the worm Sobig.e is responsible.
Follow the link in the sig for more on Sobig.

--
Cnet News : Is Symantec Safe?
+ The Sobig worm Rides again.

Prof

There is a virus out there that is labled delivery failure. Maybe you are
receiving the virus, so don't open it.
"Stevie D" <Steve@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:be1p2u$v2e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> In my e-mail I am constantly getting notification of a mail delivery
> failure. When I look at the failed e-mail addresses they belong to people
> I've never heard of and certainly have never tried to e-mail.
>
> Can anybody please tell me what's going on?

Gary G. Taylor

Stevie D wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my e-mail I am constantly getting notification of a mail delivery
> failure. When I look at the failed e-mail addresses they belong to people
> I've never heard of and certainly have never tried to e-mail.
>
> Can anybody please tell me what's going on?

Alternatively to the two suggestions already given, some low-life spammer
has forged your email address in the From: field of a spam run and you're
getting the bounce messages. (Does the bounced message seem to be spammish;
is there more than one of them?) There is no cure for this; you'll just
have to wait until the spammer selects another victim. If it is spam that's
being bounced, it is probably a good idea to notify your ISP, lest (in a
moment of utter cluelessness) they think it's you who actually sent the
spam.

--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA