Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Alternative to RealOne player?

Re: Alternative to RealOne player?

sethra

Mike Rey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns93AC7F2F79C4Cwedontneednosteenkin@204.127. 36.1:

> People,
>
> I'm tired of the way RealOne seems to make you pay for the program's
> use by viewing a not-so-little ad each time. Does anyone know of an
> alternative application that can play .ram files without this, or at
> least has the advertising more under control, like Eudora or Opera in
> their sponsored modes? Thanks.
>
> Mike Rey

You might try one of these. I have no pressing need myself for streaming
media, but remember seeing discussions about them in alt.comp.freeware
and the grc.com newsgroups.

Real Alternative
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...fid=1054136293

JetAudio
http://www.jetaudio.com/

Tara Plugin for Winamp:
http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/de...ponentId=22143

--
~sethra

Mike Rey

sethra <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

<snip>
> You might try one of these. I have no pressing need myself for
> streaming media, but remember seeing discussions about them in
> alt.comp.freeware and the grc.com newsgroups.
>
> Real Alternative
> http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...fid=1054136293
>
> JetAudio
> http://www.jetaudio.com/