Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > where is my product ID

where is my product ID

Eddie K

Hi there

I have Windows XP installed on my PC and am just about to rebuild it. I
appear to have lost my Win XP product ID. How can I look it up on my current
machine.

The product ID in the registry doesn't have enough digits.

HELP

Ed

Unk

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 19:02:50 +0100, "Eddie K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hi there
>
>I have Windows XP installed on my PC and am just about to rebuild it. I
>appear to have lost my Win XP product ID. How can I look it up on my current
>machine.
>The product ID in the registry doesn't have enough digits.
>
>HELP
>
>Ed

XP Product Key Viewer
From: http://blog.kevindonahue.com/archives/000671.php
File: http://www.neotechcc.org/drivers/ViewKeyXP.exe

KeyFinder for all OS:
From: http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml
File: http://www.magicaljellybean.com/downloads/kf141.zip

Unk

Slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as HamMan continued:

> "Unk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 19:02:50 +0100, "Eddie K" <(E-Mail Removed)>

> wrote:
>>> Hi there
>>>
>>> I have Windows XP installed on my PC and am just about to rebuild
>>> it. I appear to have lost my Win XP product ID. How can I look it
>>> up on my current machine.
>>> The product ID in the registry doesn't have enough digits.
>>>
>>> HELP
>>>
>>> Ed
>>>

>> XP Product Key Viewer
>> From: http://blog.kevindonahue.com/archives/000671.php
>> File: http://www.neotechcc.org/drivers/ViewKeyXP.exe
>>
>> KeyFinder for all OS:
>> From: http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml
>> File: http://www.magicaljellybean.com/downloads/kf141.zip
>>
>> Unk

> I tried that XP key finder thing on my copy and i just got a B in
> every place.

Ever thought your code could be BBBB-BBBB-BBBB-BBBB ?
I know, it's unlikely, but....
--
slumpy
no more

Eddie K

Cheers guys. Its Oh so easy.

One to keep in my "extremely useful use only once folder"

wrote:
> >Hi there
> >
> >I have Windows XP installed on my PC and am just about to rebuild it. I
> >appear to have lost my Win XP product ID. How can I look it up on my

current
> >machine.
> >The product ID in the registry doesn't have enough digits.
> >
> >HELP
> >
> >Ed
> >

> XP Product Key Viewer
> From: http://blog.kevindonahue.com/archives/000671.php
> File: http://www.neotechcc.org/drivers/ViewKeyXP.exe
>
> KeyFinder for all OS:
> From: http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml
> File: http://www.magicaljellybean.com/downloads/kf141.zip
>
> Unk

Unk

You're welcome.

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 19:17:36 +0100, "Eddie K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Cheers guys. Its Oh so easy.
>
>One to keep in my "extremely useful use only once folder"
>
>Ed
>
>"Unk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 19:02:50 +0100, "Eddie K" <(E-Mail Removed)>

>wrote:
>> >Hi there
>> >
>> >I have Windows XP installed on my PC and am just about to rebuild it. I
>> >appear to have lost my Win XP product ID. How can I look it up on my

>current
>> >machine.
>> >The product ID in the registry doesn't have enough digits.
>> >
>> >HELP
>> >
>> >Ed
>> >

>> XP Product Key Viewer
>> From: http://blog.kevindonahue.com/archives/000671.php