Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Going On Vacation

Going On Vacation

Counselor

I have Outlook Express 6. I want to leave a automatic message that I am out
of the office. I can not seem the automatic message center. Please advise.
--
counselor

Paul - xxx

Counselor deftly scribbled:

> I have Outlook Express 6. I want to leave a automatic message that I
> am out of the office. I can not seem the automatic message center.
> Please advise.

There isn't an automatic message return in Outlook Express, for that feature
you need Outlook, part of the MS Office range.

Or other such software ..

--
....................................Paul-xxx

Watcher of the Skies

Write the AutoReply message you want to send in a .TXT file and save it to
My Documents folder

In OE6 goto Tools > Rules > Mail > New

To reply to everyone who sends a mail to you check the condition in box 1
"For all Messages" (this could get messy if you are prone to spam that has
ficticious return addresses - you will then be sending autoreplies to
delivery failure notifications) I would advise ticking the first one "Where
the from line contains people" and making a list of people who you want to
keep informed from your address book.

In Box 2 tick "Reply with message"

In Box 3 create your list of addresses (if apliccable) and navigate to the
..TXT file you created.

In Box 4 name the rule

Click OK

DO NOT click the "apply now" button or you will send it to the senders of
everyone allready in your inbox.

In OE6 goto Tools > Options > General tick the box for periodically checking
for new Emails and set an interval time

Leave your PC switched on - ensure that your dial up settings connect
automatically (ie it doesnt have to ask for you to confim for a connection)

Go on vacation - send me a postcard.

"Counselor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6GzMa.74782$(E-Mail Removed) thlink.net...
> I have Outlook Express 6. I want to leave a automatic message that I am

out
> of the office. I can not seem the automatic message center. Please advise.
> --
> counselor

Watcher of the Skies

Actually Paul there is, look at my reply to OP

"Paul - xxx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bduhls$1123ai$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Counselor deftly scribbled:
>
> > I have Outlook Express 6. I want to leave a automatic message that I
> > am out of the office. I can not seem the automatic message center.
> > Please advise.

> There isn't an automatic message return in Outlook Express, for that

feature
> you need Outlook, part of the MS Office range.
>
> Or other such software ..
>
> --
> ...................................Paul-xxx

Paul - xxx

Watcher of the Skies deftly scribbled:

> Actually Paul there is, look at my reply to OP

Heheheh, neat 'workaround' .. but it's not really an automatic message
return facility, as described by the OP ..

Admittedly it does do the same thing though .. I do like the use of your
existing address book, or a list of addresses. That should mean that the
spammers at least don't get a valid email returned to them. It works too (I
tried it) which is always a good thing.

Good post, thanks ..

--

Iframes, .NET 2, and why I may need a vacation =?Utf-8?B?Q0dX?= ASP .Net 9 03-14-2006 02:11 PM
vacation jona boswell Computer Support 5 09-25-2005 08:48 PM
Re: vacation is over A. Cain HTML 1 03-02-2004 12:42 AM
REQ: Lookin for software to retrieve images from Sandisk 128meg any help appreciated. vacation pics!! TIA Digital Photography 1 11-03-2003 11:13 PM
Leaving a vacation message Counselor Computer Support 3 07-05-2003 04:01 AM

Advertisments