Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Raid

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Raid

 
 
Ralph Wade Phillips
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2003
Howdy!

"dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WdkMa.3132151$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> I have 2 HDD,s I need to install on a new system they are both ATA 133,

one
> is 120gig the other is 60 gig, the 120 gig is the bootable while the

smaller
> one will be just for storing files, my new board has the raid feature, I

can
> either configure for raid 0 or raid 1, the manual dosent give too much

help,
> all the cables ie serial ata are all in the box, but where to connect

them
>
> Can someone please post an idiots guide to setting up either raid 0 or

raid
> 1 please


1) Buy matching, identical drives.

2) If not following 1, don't RAID.

That simple enough?

RwP


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Brian H
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2003
X-No-Archive: Yes
Errrrr...erm... Ralph Wade Phillips said:

> Howdy!
>
> "dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:WdkMa.3132151$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi all,
>> I have 2 HDD,s I need to install on a new system they are both ATA 133, one
>> is 120gig the other is 60 gig, the 120 gig is the bootable while the smaller
>> one will be just for storing files, my new board has the raid feature, I can
>> either configure for raid 0 or raid 1, the manual dosent give too much help,
>> all the cables ie serial ata are all in the box, but where to connect them
>>
>> Can someone please post an idiots guide to setting up either raid 0 or raid
>> 1 please

>
> 1) Buy matching, identical drives.


Isn't that a pleonasm?

>
> 2) If not following 1, don't RAID.
>
> That simple enough?
>
> RwP




--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Josef Knecht
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2003
"Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>X-No-Archive: Yes
> Errrrr...erm... Ralph Wade Phillips said:
>
>> Howdy!
>>
>> "dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:WdkMa.3132151$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi all,
>>> I have 2 HDD,s I need to install on a new system they are both ATA 133, one
>>> is 120gig the other is 60 gig, the 120 gig is the bootable while the smaller
>>> one will be just for storing files, my new board has the raid feature, I can
>>> either configure for raid 0 or raid 1, the manual dosent give too much help,
>>> all the cables ie serial ata are all in the box, but where to connect them
>>>
>>> Can someone please post an idiots guide to setting up either raid 0 or raid
>>> 1 please

>>
>> 1) Buy matching, identical drives.

>
>Isn't that a pleonasm?


Definitely tautological.

>
>>
>> 2) If not following 1, don't RAID.
>>
>> That simple enough?
>>
>> RwP


--
zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
Certified Word Police Officer - Details Detail
http://www.geocities.com/spamresources/spambots.htm
http://www.drcnet.org/ http://www.abovegod.com/
NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

"A man, a plan, a canoe, pasta, heros, rajahs,
a coloratura, maps, snipe, percale, macaroni,
a gag, a banana bag, a tan, a tag, a banana bag
again (or a camel), a crepe, pins, Spam, a rut,
a Rolo, cash, a jar, sore hats, a peon, a canal
- Panama!"

- Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RAID 5 Down, RAID 6 To Go Lawrence D'Oliveiro NZ Computing 0 02-23-2010 01:48 AM
F6 for SCSI or RAID ? (i.e. it's not to do with SATA or IDE ?) + installing windows on a RAID boot device jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk Computer Information 0 01-31-2007 07:45 PM
SATA - Raid and Non Raid Question BigAl.NZ@gmail.com Computer Support 1 01-11-2007 12:16 AM
Does x64 require a SATA RAID Driver to install non-RAID SATA Drive =?Utf-8?B?VGhlb3JldGljYWxseQ==?= Windows 64bit 6 07-18-2005 05:45 AM
Converting RAID 0 array to RAID 0+1 - Advice sought. Mod Computer Support 0 11-26-2003 08:11 PM



Advertisments