Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Snip messages

Snip messages

This may be a dumb question, but here goes. How does one snip messages(to
reply to) in newsgroups?
Thanks

Brian H¹©

Errrrr...erm... s said:

> This may be a dumb question, but here goes. How does one snip messages(to
> reply to) in newsgroups?
> Thanks

To get rid of unnecessary content and/or reduce the overall size of a post.

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

°Mike°

I presume you are talking about snipping irrelevant pieces
of a message. Just highlight and delete the parts to be
snipped, and add <snipped> where you have removed parts.

How do I quote correctly in Usenet

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:38:26 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
s scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

Graham

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:38:26 -0500, "s" <me> wrote:

>This may be a dumb question, but here goes. How does one snip messages(to
>reply to) in newsgroups?
> Thanks

I'm using AGENT and all i usually do is highlight the part i want as the quote
and then click "post follow up".

12NooN Search Engine - http://www.12noon.net
$6 added to your account with FREE sign-up.

MESSAGE BOARD - http://www.12noon.net/forum
Join our FORUMS & chat to our AI robot.

trout

s wrote:

> This may be a dumb question, but here goes. How does one snip
> messages(to reply to) in newsgroups?
> Thanks

As mentioned; just highlight and delete irrelevant sections that
aren't necessary to understand your reply, and the point to which you
are replying. Be careful not to alter the meaning of other people's
posts, and acknowledge any removal with a <snip>.
Watch your attributions, so that it's clear who said what. In a long
thread, it's really a two-part process. First, select the text you are
going to remove, and delete it. Then, go back up to the attributions,
and remove the names of people that are no longer quoted, but be sure to
leave the ones that *are*.
(In a properly-quoted reply, there should be one less 'attribution'
or 'generation' mark (like >) beside the poster's name, than their
remarks.)
--
"It's easier than it sounds, once you're used to doing it."

Suggestion - Snip Often Archie Andrews Computer Information 2 06-03-2009 12:25 PM
snip scaredkitty Computer Support 17 04-11-2005 10:16 AM
Re: snip * Computer Information 0 04-05-2005 08:26 AM
The death of [snip] clutch@lycos.com Digital Photography 3 03-30-2005 02:55 PM

Advertisments