Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > S video cable.

S video cable.

JIMBO CHIVERS

Hi ,
My mate's just brought an SVIDEO cable with the intention of watching video
clips by connecting hiss computer to his telly.
It plugs in at both ends but he cant get a picture.
Is there any setting in the display adaptor properties he could have missed.
Win xp
Geforce 4

Richard

"JIMBO CHIVERS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bdsnhh$1eb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi ,
> My mate's just brought an SVIDEO cable with the intention of watching

video
> clips by connecting hiss computer to his telly.
> It plugs in at both ends but he cant get a picture.
> Is there any setting in the display adaptor properties he could have

missed.
> Win xp
> Geforce 4

But does it include tv out? Having the plug doesn't mean the card is
capable.
Try updating drivers too.

Brian H

Errrrr...erm... Richard said:

> "JIMBO CHIVERS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bdsnhh$1eb$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi ,
>> My mate's just brought an SVIDEO cable with the intention of watching video
>> clips by connecting hiss computer to his telly.
>> It plugs in at both ends but he cant get a picture.
>> Is there any setting in the display adaptor properties he could have missed.
>> Win xp
>> Geforce 4
>>

> But does it include tv out? Having the plug doesn't mean the card is
> capable.

Why would a card have a plug for a service it doesn't support?
You dumb ****.

> Try updating drivers too.

Mitch

In article <bdsnhh$1eb$(E-Mail Removed)>, JIMBO CHIVERS
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi ,
> My mate's just brought an SVIDEO cable with the intention of watching video
> clips by connecting hiss computer to his telly.
> It plugs in at both ends but he cant get a picture.
> Is there any setting in the display adaptor properties he could have missed.
> Win xp
> Geforce 4

How could we know?
You didn't describe any of the settings, or any of the hardware!

He probably needs to set it up as a connected monitor, so that he can
put what he wants on it.
If that isn't the way the software will play it, he might need to set
that as the monitor for the specific player.

Billh

Go in to the control panel and open Display properties. Look around in
there for some setting to turn on your TV out. Be warned it might be an
option to show on your TV or Monitor but not both at the same time.