Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 2nd Hard Drive

2nd Hard Drive

Legs Larry

I am about to install an additional drive and would like advice on the
master/slave set up I should use.

Current Drive = 20G with W98se (currently master)
New Drive = 80G on which I plan to partition and install WXP pro.

Eventually I will install all apps on the new drive and just use XP pro.

Should I make the new HD the master or leave things as they are and make it
the slave?

Any advice much appreciated.

Legs Larry

derek / nul

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:01:27 +0100, "Legs Larry"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am about to install an additional drive and would like advice on the
>master/slave set up I should use.
>
>Current Drive = 20G with W98se (currently master)
>New Drive = 80G on which I plan to partition and install WXP pro.
>
>Eventually I will install all apps on the new drive and just use XP pro.

If you want 98 and XP on 2 drives, the 98 drive MUST be first.
98 WILL NOT run from the second drive.

(Unless you have a bios that will allow boot from any drive)