Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AST error

AST error

r turner

I have an old 100 MHz machine, which during POST gives a "resource
allocation error during autoallocation" error. Also gives the error as
Windows loads. However, the machine seems to operate OK. What are these
error messages telling me? Fdisk, format, reinstall don't fix. Nothing new
has been added.

Jimchip

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:56:35 GMT, r turner wrote:
> I have an old 100 MHz machine, which during POST gives a "resource
> allocation error during autoallocation" error. Also gives the error as
> Windows loads. However, the machine seems to operate OK. What are these
> error messages telling me? Fdisk, format, reinstall don't fix. Nothing new
> has been added.

You need to be more specific about your system but a typical cause has to do
with a hardware jumper vs. something configured manually in the BIOS.

Do you have a "plug_and_play" entry in yout BIOS?

(lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

for-statement in AST hlwangz Java 1 04-26-2006 08:24 PM
for-statement representation in AST hlwangz Java 0 04-26-2006 03:20 AM
Python AST as XML Oleg Paraschenko XML 4 11-04-2004 10:58 AM
cookies between ast and asp.net Arno Seitinger ASP .Net 2 10-28-2004 09:03 AM
AST Computer Ron Turner Computer Support 1 07-09-2003 02:11 PM

Advertisments