Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: SPAM - a major problem

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: SPAM - a major problem

 
 
Brian H
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2003
X-No-Archive: Yes
Errrrr...erm... fluffy bunny said:

> is anyone else fedup of the spam in their inbox, over the last two days ive
> received 1006 SPAM emails thats compaired with the usual 10 or so SPAMS a
> day im used to
> This is relly taking the ****, can you imagine downloading 8Mb of spam, it
> didnt make me very happy i can tell you. Still waiting for a reply from
> helpdesk.


Stop giving out your address to all those porn sites etc, and make sure your
address is munged in newsgroups.
I see Linux isn't *that* much better than Windows after all


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
paul s
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-01-2003
LooseLips wrote:

> I see Linux isn't *that* much better than Windows after all
>
> Oh I don't know about that. Try a distro with a new kernel - 2.2.4.xx -
> and use Linuxconf to mount your Windows_C drive at boot. No viruses, a
> built in firewall that works, lots and lots of software to play with... no
> product activation.


Kernel 2.2.4.xx dont sound very new to me. I'm using Kernel 2.4.21 which is
*new*.
--
Paul S


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
LooseLips
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-01-2003
That's ok. I did the .xx because I couldn't remember...
"paul s" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:RM4Ma.126$(E-Mail Removed)...
> LooseLips wrote:
>
> > I see Linux isn't *that* much better than Windows after all
> >
> > Oh I don't know about that. Try a distro with a new kernel - 2.2.4.xx -
> > and use Linuxconf to mount your Windows_C drive at boot. No viruses, a
> > built in firewall that works, lots and lots of software to play with...

no
> > product activation.

>
> Kernel 2.2.4.xx dont sound very new to me. I'm using Kernel 2.4.21 which

is
> *new*.
> --
> Paul S
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
MudBone
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-01-2003
Brian H wrote:
> X-No-Archive: Yes
> Errrrr...erm... fluffy bunny said:
>
>> is anyone else fedup of the spam in their inbox, over the last two
>> days ive received 1006 SPAM emails thats compaired with the usual 10
>> or so SPAMS a day im used to
>> This is relly taking the ****, can you imagine downloading 8Mb of
>> spam, it didnt make me very happy i can tell you. Still waiting for
>> a reply from helpdesk.

>
> Stop giving out your address to all those porn sites etc, and make
> sure your address is munged in newsgroups.
> I see Linux isn't *that* much better than Windows after all


Brian H I had to reply to you on this I get the same thing and I use an
alternate email addy here *IT* gets about 10 spam mail per month whereas my
primary addy gets *bombarded* with the *same* junk the OP posted. I use my
primary addy for family and friends the http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) I use here and
to register to sites with so my primary addy got released somehow. I better
not find out Bellsouth sold my addy!!!!!!!



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Confusion about row-major and column-major Jef Driesen C++ 2 01-12-2006 03:02 PM
Major Major Problem With ASP.NET kokwooi ASP .Net 6 09-19-2003 08:52 AM



Advertisments