Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Word - setting a tab for the whole document

Word - setting a tab for the whole document

Jim

I'm trying to set a tab 6.5" across the page. When I click
on the left tab symbol in the top left corner and then click
on the ruler at 6.5", it gives me a tab, but only for one
line. I need it for the whole document. Can anyone help?

Stevo

Jim wrote:
> I'm trying to set a tab 6.5" across the page. When I click
> on the left tab symbol in the top left corner and then click
> on the ruler at 6.5", it gives me a tab, but only for one
> line. I need it for the whole document. Can anyone help?

Select everything in the document and THEN set the tab...

--
Stevo
(pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

Michael

"Stevo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f00bd20$0$5431$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Jim wrote:
> > I'm trying to set a tab 6.5" across the page. When I click
> > on the left tab symbol in the top left corner and then click
> > on the ruler at 6.5", it gives me a tab, but only for one
> > line. I need it for the whole document. Can anyone help?

> Select everything in the document and THEN set the tab...

Or if you haven't put anything into your document yet, use the ruler and
just drag the tab-stop pointer where you want it... that becomes the default
for the whole document.

((U))
"fold tab A into slot B"

Michael

"Stevo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f00f11d$0$5433$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Michael wrote:
> > "Stevo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:3f00bd20$0$5431$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> >>
> >> Select everything in the document and THEN set the tab...

> > Or if you haven't put anything into your document yet, use the ruler
> > and just drag the tab-stop pointer where you want it... that becomes
> > the default for the whole document.
> >
> > ((U))

> Nice advice, but you should have replied to the original poster..

My apologies... my inattention wasn't entirely my fault.

I was being swooped by a particularly large bald eagle at the time.

((U))
"He told me helping others is for the birds"

Jim

Thanks guys - yes it makes a lot more sense at 10am than it
did after midnight last night.... Jim