Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sound and Video Help

Reply
Thread Tools

Sound and Video Help

 
 
Chris Johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-29-2003
I was wondering if anyone could possibly save me a continued troubleshooting
time and help me out with this problem.
I have the WINTV Hauppauge TV card installed and the viewing and sound
quality is excellent. Except for one small thing. It seems to freeze up
(the video) it starts and stops. There is no other program running usually.
I have more than enough power to run it.
I'm on a Dell 8250 P4 2.8 with 512 in memory along with audigy 2 sound card.
The video card has 128mg of ram.

I have no idea what causes this. It basically keeps me from watching TV with
it because it freezes quite a bit.

As an extra bonus issue, I also experience crackling sounds intermittent. ON
ANYTHING..Streams, DVD, CD etc. The sound card has been replaced as has the
speakers and still no change. I've reseated the card a couple of times, took
out the modem and I've also reinstalled drivers, altered the acceleration to
help compensate for sound problems, but have it at full throttle when
viewing the TV. I also changed the dmA to PIO...nothing...

HELP anyone!

Thanks in advance.

chris


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
paul s
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2003
Chris Johnson wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone could possibly save me a continued
> troubleshooting time and help me out with this problem.
> I have the WINTV Hauppauge TV card installed and the viewing and sound
> quality is excellent. Except for one small thing. It seems to freeze up
> (the video) it starts and stops. There is no other program running
> usually. I have more than enough power to run it.
> I'm on a Dell 8250 P4 2.8 with 512 in memory along with audigy 2 sound
> card. The video card has 128mg of ram.
>
> I have no idea what causes this. It basically keeps me from watching TV
> with it because it freezes quite a bit.


Have you got the latest drivers and software?

> As an extra bonus issue, I also experience crackling sounds intermittent.
> ON
> ANYTHING..Streams, DVD, CD etc. The sound card has been replaced as has
> the speakers and still no change. I've reseated the card a couple of
> times, took out the modem and I've also reinstalled drivers, altered the
> acceleration to help compensate for sound problems, but have it at full
> throttle when
> viewing the TV. I also changed the dmA to PIO...nothing...


Have you got anything running in the background gobbling up CPU cycles?
--
Paul S


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
CJ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2003
Nothing that stands out. This is probably a loaded question, but what would
be a guide or checklist sorta that would help track down not needed
processes, aside from the obivous programs hogging. I'm not sure of what I
should or should not delete.

Yes, to the driver question.

Thanks for your help.


"paul s" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:90XLa.11301$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Chris Johnson wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if anyone could possibly save me a continued
> > troubleshooting time and help me out with this problem.
> > I have the WINTV Hauppauge TV card installed and the viewing and sound
> > quality is excellent. Except for one small thing. It seems to freeze

up
> > (the video) it starts and stops. There is no other program running
> > usually. I have more than enough power to run it.
> > I'm on a Dell 8250 P4 2.8 with 512 in memory along with audigy 2 sound
> > card. The video card has 128mg of ram.
> >
> > I have no idea what causes this. It basically keeps me from watching TV
> > with it because it freezes quite a bit.

>
> Have you got the latest drivers and software?
>
> > As an extra bonus issue, I also experience crackling sounds

intermittent.
> > ON
> > ANYTHING..Streams, DVD, CD etc. The sound card has been replaced as has
> > the speakers and still no change. I've reseated the card a couple of
> > times, took out the modem and I've also reinstalled drivers, altered the
> > acceleration to help compensate for sound problems, but have it at full
> > throttle when
> > viewing the TV. I also changed the dmA to PIO...nothing...

>
> Have you got anything running in the background gobbling up CPU cycles?
> --
> Paul S
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
paul s
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2003
CJ wrote:

> Nothing that stands out. This is probably a loaded question, but what
> would be a guide or checklist sorta that would help track down not needed
> processes, aside from the obivous programs hogging. I'm not sure of what I
> should or should not delete.


Assuming your running 2000 or XP, do 'ctrl', 'alt, 'del', to bring up the
task manager. That should tell you if you got anything hogging the CPU.

> Yes, to the driver question.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
>
> "paul s" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:90XLa.11301$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Chris Johnson wrote:
>>
>> > I was wondering if anyone could possibly save me a continued
>> > troubleshooting time and help me out with this problem.
>> > I have the WINTV Hauppauge TV card installed and the viewing and sound
>> > quality is excellent. Except for one small thing. It seems to freeze

> up
>> > (the video) it starts and stops. There is no other program running
>> > usually. I have more than enough power to run it.
>> > I'm on a Dell 8250 P4 2.8 with 512 in memory along with audigy 2 sound
>> > card. The video card has 128mg of ram.
>> >
>> > I have no idea what causes this. It basically keeps me from watching TV
>> > with it because it freezes quite a bit.

>>
>> Have you got the latest drivers and software?
>>
>> > As an extra bonus issue, I also experience crackling sounds

> intermittent.
>> > ON
>> > ANYTHING..Streams, DVD, CD etc. The sound card has been replaced as
>> > has the speakers and still no change. I've reseated the card a couple
>> > of times, took out the modem and I've also reinstalled drivers, altered
>> > the acceleration to help compensate for sound problems, but have it at
>> > full throttle when
>> > viewing the TV. I also changed the dmA to PIO...nothing...

>>
>> Have you got anything running in the background gobbling up CPU cycles?
>> --
>> Paul S
>>
>>


--
Paul S


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No sound in flash games/video, but sound on startup =?Utf-8?B?VGhlIFR3b2JhZG91cnM=?= Windows 64bit 3 08-22-2005 05:45 PM
Sound and sound recorder. teak A+ Certification 0 09-14-2004 02:58 PM
System sound and video problem......HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! paul s Computer Support 6 07-25-2003 10:56 PM



Advertisments